News / Hot Debate from MyMorningJacket.com

Started by Woldie, Mar 16, 2015, 04:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

easy way

It's funny how speculative the train of thought is around here lately... especially since they've been dripping these little seeds into our heads.

Pipe Dreams:
Let's take a look at Athens. Why have they left that show off of the fb upcoming events?Is it because it's an anomaly and they may play the new record in its entirety? With a 9pm show time, no opener & a 2am curfew, they can likely fit it in while also providing another full set and encore.

In all liklihood:
I have a feeling it has to do with the release of the OBH2 shows. Still, this is all very curious.

MARK IT ZERO!
"the time is with the month of winter solstice, when the change is due to come..."

easy way

Quote from: Stevie on Mar 16, 2015, 11:42 PM
Hot Debate is the name of the second album, lock it down. 

To be honest, i have no idea what is going on here anymore.  One thing is for certain, they are excited..and messing with us

Not a bad call on the next album... and my head's spinning too man!
"the time is with the month of winter solstice, when the change is due to come..."

Angelo

Quote from: walterfredo on Mar 16, 2015, 07:05 PM
are they debating whether or not to release OBH 2 until after the album is released?  Or release it sans the new tracks temporarily?
This sounds like the most realistic theory. I'd be fine with them omitting the new ish and then making them available after the official release.

BigHerm

I'm going with them releasing 'Hot Debate' with The Waterfall on May 4th.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

APR

I think they're just messing with us, trying to create excitement. 

easy way

...and...tapping.  :thumbsup:

Keep the weirdness flowing, fellas!

Stevie

I think the key word here is "listen."  They didn't say, "do we want to PLAY some songs or all songs," they said, "do we want to listen to some songs or all songs."  (paraphrasing)

So I don't think this has to do with a live show that is coming up. 

That leaves:

T5
The Waterfall:  Streaming Preview Online as with Jim's solo album (that was in full i believe)
OBH2 Tapes

The idea that they are drumming up excitement in what is now sort of a dead zone or calm before the storm makes the most sense.  I'm not sure what they are all doing at the moment but Patrick mentioned in that twitter post how much he enjoys the chaos and excitement of prepping for a big tour.  I'm assuming they are all together somewhere getting ready, rehearsing and what not.  Probably really excited and just joking around with their news posts and tweets between sessions.  The fact that they stacked the tapping below the hot debate means they could be connected. 

Here's what i'm thinking....  i think Tapping is sneak preview of one of the new songs, maybe the first one on the album.  I think that either they were working out the song, maybe patrick was trying to synchronize a drum pattern to a certain part of the song and someone was recording at the time (or possible are recording all the time for documentary purposes), OR, they just created a goofed out snippet version of the song just for posting on the site. 

Either way, i think there are going to be 11 total news posts when all is said and done ;) 

The fact that Big Decisions doesn't come til later in in the album means that they can get away with more mystery up until that point.. since we've all now heard the song a billion times we would instantly recognize any part of it probably.  This next one will be telling with Compound Fracture next on the tracklisting.....if they do go in order that is. 

easy way

When I listened to 'tapping' last night... I was reminded of an interview w/ JJ that I read some years ago. He explained that part of his process was to have a recording device on hand, be it a phone today or a 4-track in the old days. When the glimpse of a song struck him, he'd lay down a beat and hum/sing a melody over the top as a reminder of that spark.
It seems likely that this is a peek into the base layer of one of the new tracks.

Stevie

Aha!  I knew it.

Related note, so psyched to hear the demo of Only Memories Remain on that 7"

walterfredo

"Excuse Me, Could You Tell Me Where I Might Find The "Burns-Os"

easy way

Quote from: walterfredo on Mar 18, 2015, 05:48 PM
"Excuse Me, Could You Tell Me Where I Might Find The "Burns-Os"

They don't put nobodies on cereal boxes...

Stevie

And now they have posted "electric".  Also 30 seconds.  With speed that these are going out and still a month and three weeks til the album comes out i wonder if we can expect a ton more..and i wonder if we can layer these to make whole songs.  I can monkey with whatever is all posted by tomorrow

easy way

Quote from: Stevie on Mar 18, 2015, 06:52 PM
And now they have posted "electric".  Also 30 seconds.  With speed that these are going out and still a month and three weeks til the album comes out i wonder if we can expect a ton more..and i wonder if we can layer these to make whole songs.  I can monkey with whatever is all posted by tomorrow

Ha! My wife just said the same thing. Should be a fun experiment nonetheless...

easy way