Okonokos on Blueray

Started by tippitoes22, Apr 06, 2014, 04:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tippitoes22

Hey y'all,

Got a dumb question. Has Okonokos (the video) been released on Blueray?

I've got the cd, vinyl(thanks to a kind record store clerk), and the DVD.
(Don't have acoustic chorale yet: Please J. Yac keep that info up and thank you!)

The regular DVD is great! Happy to own it :) Just curious.

Would love some more live video jacket (who doesn't?) to add to my meager collection. That Red Rocks video from 2012, that got broadcast, would be great. I was there, but would love to refresh my memory visually, since my face melted off! Same goes for portchester. Don't remember cameras there though. But DEFINITELY REMEMBER cameras at OBH, down 'ole Mexico way....that would be Ti'IGHT!!!

Please and thank you. Any info is always appreciated. You can PM me as well.

Cheers!
Them that don't know him won't like him and them that do, sometimes won't know how to take him

logan5ive

MMJ Shows 2005-2022 [30]

tippitoes22

So we need to find "that one guy with the camera on the tripod near the corner hotel room on stage right." Guy with the tripod near the corner hotel room PLEASE come forward. We just wanna talk, you're not in any physical danger from US :) We JUST wanna talk. PLEASE, PM us.

You've got what is like the Zapruder Film for MMJ fans. Well maybe that's exaggerating, but there's DEFINITELY interest from some people with influence.

Please & thank you!
Them that don't know him won't like him and them that do, sometimes won't know how to take him

jimsflyingv

Just watching the Grateful Dead movie and was thinking how great a "Okonokos" release on Blue Ray was. My DVD Version is already pretty worn out.

I would be awesome if there would be another vinyl release of Okonokos as well as a blue ray release.

If that is not gonna happen is there chance of another concert movie like  "One Big Holiday" ?

ffghtrs

I so Concur on the 2012 Red Rocks Broadcast!
Can you keep it simple? Can you let the snare crack? Can you let it move without holding back?

logan5ive

Quote from: ffghtrs on Jan 01, 2015, 03:19 PM
I so Concur on the 2012 Red Rocks Broadcast!

Both nights were filmed...release both please!
MMJ Shows 2005-2022 [30]

Stevie

i dont know... wouldn't you think that if they had planned on releasing Red Rocks '12 (oh my, i can't believe this summer will mark 3 years since that concert!), that they would have done so during the last big break from touring?  T5 could really happen any time, but if they play Red Rocks again I would expect at least 2 more nights and it's not like they won't also be out of this world.  Perhaps that ship has sailed for now. 

Too bad, too.  I would pay good money for that two night run in top quality format. 

By the way.. the youtube file from the AXS TV broadcast is no longer up.  What happened?  Does someone still have the file?

Robbman

Unfortunately, Okonokos was not captured in Hi-Def. See below from the filmmaker himself, Sam Erickson (read the comments)

https://www.facebook.com/44Pictures/posts/10151452644684340

So, putting it on Blu-Ray wouldn't do much to improve the image quality.

mind at large

Quote from: Stevie on Jan 18, 2015, 01:31 AM
i dont know... wouldn't you think that if they had planned on releasing Red Rocks '12 (oh my, i can't believe this summer will mark 3 years since that concert!), that they would have done so during the last big break from touring?  T5 could really happen any time, but if they play Red Rocks again I would expect at least 2 more nights and it's not like they won't also be out of this world.  Perhaps that ship has sailed for now. 

Too bad, too.  I would pay good money for that two night run in top quality format. 

By the way.. the youtube file from the AXS TV broadcast is no longer up.  What happened?  Does someone still have the file?

youtube (axs tv) had the user remove them.  there was a thread that got lost somewhere in the mix about the red rocks 2012 videos

forum link http://forum.mymorningjacket.com/index.php/topic,18792.msg355280.html#msg355280

the direct link for the download was listed as, https://mega.co.nz/#F!CtVUSaTA!sRgjf7phEEOsRQWtEUBxcQ