Main Menu

Ride

Started by rincon2, Apr 08, 2015, 03:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rincon2

Never heard of this band. I heard a song the other day on Morning Becomes Eclectic, LA's great NPR music show, that MMJ plays live for, and hosted the Sonos studio listening party. They just finished a live 45 minute set on MBE. Holy MoFo!! The Cure meets Tool meets dream pop. I can not believe I have never heard of them. They are reuniting for Coachella. Got to make sure my son makes that show.

ffghtrs

Yeah killer group.  Featured in the book Perks Of Being  A Wallflower which is a great coming of age novel.  in it the main character makes a mix tape with one of their songs on it, so naturally i looked it up...fucking wicked awesome music.
Can you keep it simple? Can you let the snare crack? Can you let it move without holding back?

Sassbox

Welcome to the party!

I was crazy excited when they were added to Shaky Knees. Cannot. Wait.
God sure baked a lot of fruitcake, baby.

lpkell2145

Are you talking about Ride the shoegaze band from the 90's or is this another group? 'Cause Ride from the 90's was my jam in high school. I would love to see them live and if they're coming to Shaky Knees...
20 times I wish you'd understand...

Sassbox

Quote from: lpkell2145 on Apr 10, 2015, 05:55 PM

Are you talking about Ride the shoegaze band from the 90's or is this another group? 'Cause Ride from the 90's was my jam in high school. I would love to see them live and if they're coming to Shaky Knees...
*THAT* Ride  :cheesy:
God sure baked a lot of fruitcake, baby.

lpkell2145

Ha! Thanks for confirming Sassbox!  This is kind of a big deal! Now I just need to get tickets to Shaky Knees. Not in my concert budget at all though so we'll see.

I am no one.

armando

Ride was *big* while I was in college radio in the early 90s. Came out of the Creation Records world. Love this tune:

Ride - Twisterella
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

lpkell2145

The set from Coachella is being rebroadcast on Channel 2. They're still damn good! https://www.coachellalive.com/

rincon2

Here is a link to the video of their KCRW show. It is a generic link to MBE, it is on the front page now, but if they change the page it is easy to find. Great set, was listening to it when I made the original post. KCRW is an amazing radio station.
http://www.kcrw.com/music/shows/morning-becomes-eclectic

MarkW

This is their classic track, from the KCRW session;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2B1WrFuAHg

Ride were part of the soundtrack to my late 80s / early 90s, and lead the shoegaze pack.  They still sound awesome!
The trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin, I keep sliding off to the side

sillyboob

Really stoked to be seeing Ride in San Diego Thursday night.  It's been over 20 years since I last saw Ride.

Nowhere & Going Blank Again were huge in my late teens / early twenties.  They've been a favorite of mine for quite a while.

Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

MrWhippy

I recently saw Ride at The Roxy in Hollywood and then again at the second week of Coachella. They sound fantastic and both shows were great.

If you have a chance to see them on this tour, definitely jump on it.
My heart can't wait to meet you on the other side.