Rolling Stone New Article

Started by justbcuzido, Apr 23, 2015, 10:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

justbcuzido

Here you guys go for an insightful interview.

I didn't realize Jim was in so much pain. I knew he had surgery after he fell of the stage in 08', but his back issues seem to be ongoing. I wonder if he will tone down his physical performances?

Also, he seems to have taken a much more cynical tone in his interviews. Nothing wrong with that, just a stray observation as of late.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/features/remaking-my-morning-jacket-behind-dark-new-the-waterfall-20150423?page=2
Mona Lisa must'a had the highway blues, you can tell by the way she smiles.

ellisintransit

Great article, and like everything else trickling out right now I devoured it, hahaha.

grizzy

Quote from: justbcuzido on Apr 23, 2015, 10:54 AM

I didn't realize Jim was in so much pain.

Pain usually makes for great art.

Glad to read he's getting better cause back problems are no joke!

gardenparty

it goes well with the tone of the album

oistheone

Also found it interesting to read about how much pain he's in. Poor guy. Wonder how he'll hold up over this pretty extensive tour? The nosey guy within me also wonders what kind of abuse and wildness he's referring to.

Tom Petty says he can barely walk now from all the jumping around he used to do on stage -- not to mention years of toxin intake.

Neil too has serious back issues. On past tours, I don't even think he put his own guitar over his shoulder. Dylan doesn't even play guitar live anymore because of the back pain.

Hope Jim's pain is only temporary. Rock and roll ain't no cake walk!

Mr. White

I had a feeling there would be some backlash from the "Modern Country" folks regarding Jim's statements, "I feel like modern country is deliberately dumbing down the human race," and "They're deliberately making people take glory in being uneducated and racist, and it's just sad. I think it's absolute mind control."

Taste of Country put this out two days ago:

My Morning Jacket Singer Believes Country Music Is Dumbing People Down
By Rebekah Bell April 28, 2015 11:00 AM

Read More: My Morning Jacket Singer Has Harsh Words for Country Music | http://tasteofcountry.com/my-morning-jacket-singer-country-music/?trackback=tsmclip

"American rock band My Morning Jacket have an eclectic sound that's somewhere between pop and country, but lead singer Jim James says neither genre holds much appeal for him. In fact, he credits country music with "dumbing down the human race."
Although the Kentucky-based group's unique sound has made it difficult for them to find commercial success on the radio, James insists that he won't be switching to pop or country music anytime soon.
"Having a hit would be awesome, but I don't know if it's meant to happen," he tells Rolling Stone. He's more concerned about producing quality music than about creating a chart-topping single, calling pop radio "such a waste of time." But he has even harsher feelings about modern country music.
"I feel like modern country is deliberately dumbing down the human race," James declares. "They're deliberately making people take glory in being uneducated and racist, and it's just sad. I think it's absolute mind control."
Despite his harsh words about country music, James doesn't mind collaborating with artists who are on the outskirts of the genre, such as Quiet Life and Shovels & Rope.
While country music has certainly changed in the last several years, it continues to gain popularity across the nation. How do you feel about James' critique of country music? Is it right on the money, or is the genre simply changing and evolving? Sound off in the comments section below!
Quit Complaining About Modern Country Music!"

I think Jim was brave to say this about both "Modern Country Music" and today's "Pop Music".
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

justbcuzido

Quote from: Mr. White on Apr 30, 2015, 03:37 PM
I had a feeling there would be some backlash from the "Modern Country" folks regarding Jim's statements, "I feel like modern country is deliberately dumbing down the human race," and "They're deliberately making people take glory in being uneducated and racist, and it's just sad. I think it's absolute mind control."

Taste of Country put this out two days ago:

My Morning Jacket Singer Believes Country Music Is Dumbing People Down
By Rebekah Bell April 28, 2015 11:00 AM

Read More: My Morning Jacket Singer Has Harsh Words for Country Music | http://tasteofcountry.com/my-morning-jacket-singer-country-music/?trackback=tsmclip

"American rock band My Morning Jacket have an eclectic sound that's somewhere between pop and country, but lead singer Jim James says neither genre holds much appeal for him. In fact, he credits country music with "dumbing down the human race."
Although the Kentucky-based group's unique sound has made it difficult for them to find commercial success on the radio, James insists that he won't be switching to pop or country music anytime soon.
"Having a hit would be awesome, but I don't know if it's meant to happen," he tells Rolling Stone. He's more concerned about producing quality music than about creating a chart-topping single, calling pop radio "such a waste of time." But he has even harsher feelings about modern country music.
"I feel like modern country is deliberately dumbing down the human race," James declares. "They're deliberately making people take glory in being uneducated and racist, and it's just sad. I think it's absolute mind control."
Despite his harsh words about country music, James doesn't mind collaborating with artists who are on the outskirts of the genre, such as Quiet Life and Shovels & Rope.
While country music has certainly changed in the last several years, it continues to gain popularity across the nation. How do you feel about James' critique of country music? Is it right on the money, or is the genre simply changing and evolving? Sound off in the comments section below!
Quit Complaining About Modern Country Music!"

I think Jim was brave to say this about both "Modern Country Music" and today's "Pop Music".

Most of the commentators tend to agree with him on a country music site. So there's that. I also don't think the writer was too harsh in their response and didn't really agree or disagree with him.
Mona Lisa must'a had the highway blues, you can tell by the way she smiles.

AsAboveSoBelow

Kratom is a highly addictive drug. No one be fooled buy it's under the radar legality. It played a huge role in running my life into the ground, and I am certainly not the only one. If Jim needs an opiate addiction to cope with his back issues, I'm sure he already has a supply of something, but I imagine he has found other ways.
Quote from: TheRoof on Apr 23, 2015, 11:47 AM
EDIT:

* (NOT AN ADVERTISEMENT. LEGITIMATELY WANT TO TRY TO CONTACT/SHARE THIS INFORMATION WITH JIM JAMES.) *

Great article!...especially, considering how honest and transparent Jim is, pertaining to his medical/pain issues.

I own/operate a company who sells an herb from Indonesia (Kratom) that is, without a doubt, a true lifesaver. I, personally use it, for chronic pain from a 30-40 ft. fall off a roof onto concrete; and it has changed/saved my life for the absolute best.

People also use Kratom in helping to withdrawal from prescription pain medication, benzo's, as well as illegal opiates/drugs.

Not too many people have heard of this herb in America, and what is known, is mostly propaganda slandering it and/or lumping it in with research chemicals, synthetic cannabinoids, etc. This is a leaf. From a tree. Milled into a powder. Hundreds of Peer-Reviewed, University, and Scientific Journals have attested to the safety and efficacy of this plant; yet, it still gets zero attention, and when it does it is falsely presented.

I say all of this, because I know how pain (especially chronic) effects people's entire lives, and how I would not wish my pain on anyone in this World. I wonder what would be the best way to attempt and make contact with Jim (or passed along info.) pertaining to explaining this herb (how it works, its efficacy, safety, etc.)...and of course, samples.

Would anyone know of the best possible way, to reach out to Jim, and potentially help him with his pain? (I, literally, just "spoke" with him on Reddit's AMA a few days ago...had I only known  :undecided:)

Any help in sharing of this information is greatly appreciated. Jim (and MMJ) has saved my Life, and I feel as though (at very least) making him aware that this plant/tree/leaf exists; would be a tiny way of "giving back", to all that he has given me!

Thank you again for posting such an insightful interview find and sharing!   :beer: