Essay I wrote on The Waterfall

Started by RastaRunner5, Apr 29, 2015, 10:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RastaRunner5

tdb810

.....Back at the Model Home

whtrentham

You hit the nail on the head, man.

I have only been listening since I saw them play the magical 4-hour set at Bonnaroo late-night 2008.  I have been a believer ever since.  I am about the same age as you and can at least somewhat relate with how you feel in these 7 years I've been a fan...each album from Z to the Waterfall represents a different moment in time for me.  Brings back my own memories, whether or not they are in any way related to the words in the songs.

I agree with you on EU.  That album is kickass for the musically open-minded individual I am.  It gives me a little bit of everything...spiritual sounding stuff, rock, country, and even weird (i.e. Highly Suspicious' peanut butter pudding surprise), haha.  Touch Me I'm Going To Scream, Pt. 2 will always be one of my all-time favorites.

One thing I am not good at is lyric breakdown, but I'm definitely going to dig deep into Dondante after what you mentioned there.  That is in the top 5 MMJ songs for me.

Also, I remember when the Terminal 5 shows were announced, and I seriously considered road tripping it up there (I live in TN).  The finances didn't work out, but I am in no way shocked that those shows were awesome.  Wish I could have been there.

Thanks for the write-up.  Good read.

ChiefOKONO

Good stuff, thank you for sharing. I too like to wait and listen when it comes out, loving the ritual of opening the album, etc.