Main Menu

Hotel Roy Lp

Started by AlwxanderD10, Nov 29, 2015, 09:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlwxanderD10

I think I may have posted this in the forum years ago, but I couldn't find the thread or pictures, so I though i'd re-upload em. Around 2009 I was walking around an outdoor flea market in west Louisville. I had stopped at a booth run by a couple of elderly men to look through a pile of albums laying in the dirt and gravel. I wasn't seeing anything worth my time, so I started to get back up and keep walking. However, an unusually pristine album toward the bottom of the pile caught my attention. Lo and behold, beneath a Herb Alpert and a Close Encounters of the Third Kind soundtrack I find this beauty. I immediately knew what it was, but was kind of in shock. I had never seen a physical copy of it, and never really expected to find one, especially at a place like this. So, I got up and promptly handed the old dudes a crisp 1 dollar bill and walked off. In retrospect, I probably should have asked them about it, but I was too worried that they'd catch wind that it was worth way more than a dollar and not want to sell it to me. To this day I still have no idea how or why this record ended up laying in the dirt at flea market. Either way, still a pretty cool little piece of Louisville music history I suppose. But anyways, here ya go. If anyone has anymore info about the album, or has another copy I'd love to know! The rest of the photos are in the flickr link, for some reason the forum won't let me attach more than one image.
IMG_6353 by AlexanderD10, on Flickr

oistheone

Man, that's awesome!! What a score. Didn't even know it was pressed on wax!

Little known fact: Hotel Roy's classic "I Hate You, You Fucking Bitch and If I Had A Gun You'd Be Dead" later morphed into "Wonderful".

johnnYYac

Interesting difference between the vinyl back cover and the CD.  The track oistheone mentions, IHYYFBAIIHAGYBD, is "replaced" with "Elevators To The Sky."  Same song?

Vinyl (from AlwxanderD10's Flicker account)

CD (from my collection)
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.