Premier Guitar > My Morning Jacket: Childlike Wonder

Started by CC, May 21, 2015, 04:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CC

My Morning Jacket: Childlike Wonder
Sonic shaman Jim James and guitar scientist Carl Broemel plunge into deep musical currents on The Waterfall.

http://www.premierguitar.com/articles/22604-my-morning-jacket-childlike-wonder

oistheone

That is awesome, thanks so much for posting!! I love any sort of gear talk, so this extended rundown of influences and equipment is just what the doctor ordered.

ChiefOKONO

weeniebeenie

Great article!  :smiley:

I love that Gibson with the Bigsby too.
How loud can silence get?

SaraBananaBear

Europe ♥ My Morning Jacket

Fully

justbcuzido

Very interesting interview. One thing that stuck out to me was " I love playing guitar, but sometimes I get tired of it as a vehicle and want to use something else. I don't have an undying love for the guitar above all else—I also love keyboards and bass. Before this record, I thought, "I'll just sing—I don't even want to play."..

They have stated that the next record will be more "dancey".. Given this statement, do you think there will be even less guitar work on the next album as there was on The Waterfall?
Mona Lisa must'a had the highway blues, you can tell by the way she smiles.

jimsflyingv

Quote from: justbcuzido on May 22, 2015, 02:10 PM
They have stated that the next record will be more "dancey".. Given this statement, do you think there will be even less guitar work on the next album as there was on The Waterfall?
Well given that they are touring before they´ll continue working on the album I hope Jim will get in touch with his Rock and Roll heart more and more again and decides that all new songs need more fuzzy guitar  :thumbsup:

P.S. As long as there is Carl standing next to him there will be a guitar track - on his next solo album however different story