Carried Away mp3

Started by jcc0065, Sep 02, 2015, 06:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jcc0065

anyone have a good mp3 recording of Carls song carried away being played with the band? just watched the 12.28.12 version in Port Chester and was blown away!!!

sillyboob

Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

jcc0065

honestly some of the best guitar work ive seen

GO4IT

Quote from: jcc0065 on Sep 02, 2015, 06:23 PM
anyone have a good mp3 recording of Carls song carried away being played with the band? just watched the 12.28.12 version in Port Chester and was blown away!!!
Was that my video or is there another one out there?

jcc0065

Quote from: GO4IT on Sep 02, 2015, 08:04 PM
Quote from: jcc0065 on Sep 02, 2015, 06:23 PM
Was that my video or is there another one out there?

haha! was most probably yours. new to the forum here so glad to know theres a bunch of members in here that are taking these f'in awesome videos

Lonndown27

That Capitol Theater version is just. .....WOW
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022+ 8/16/2024::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

RobRoy286

Do yourself a favor and get those Port Chester shows. Carried Away/It Makes No Difference/Dondante from 12/28 is so good.

tippitoes22

Agreed!
I've seen a decent # of "Carried Away"s with MMJ, Always a HUGE treat.
And have seen 3 Carl solo "Carried Away"s (The basement in Nashville video is on You tube)

But the GOLD STANDARD for "Carried Away" has got to be Portchester. I just sat there with my jaw on the floor as Carl KILLED IT! There's a great part in the Portchester YouTube vid where Carl goes center stage, and Jim comes rushing over and is stomping all around his white shoes.(seems like Jim was enjoying watching him as much as we were and was encouraging him. Like,"this is YOUR jam! Get it!"
GOD DAMN! LOVE IT!!!

P.S. Bo twinkling the piano, just makes those quiet parts perfect!

For me these are it..(all seen in person)
1)Portchester -12/28/2012 -best I've seen, gold standard.
2)Carl-solo at The Basement in Nashville. 9/3/2014
-Intimate, incredible! GO CARL! (Check YouTube)
3)Indy- Lawn at White River 7/8/2011
-my 1st Carried Away! I was hooked :)

GO TEAM CARL :thumbsup:
Them that don't know him won't like him and them that do, sometimes won't know how to take him

Mr. White

Quote from: tippitoes22 on Sep 03, 2015, 04:47 PM
Agreed!
I've seen a decent # of "Carried Away"s with MMJ, Always a HUGE treat.
And have seen 3 Carl solo "Carried Away"s (The basement in Nashville video is on You tube)

But the GOLD STANDARD for "Carried Away" has got to be Portchester. I just sat there with my jaw on the floor as Carl KILLED IT! There's a great part in the Portchester YouTube vid where Carl goes center stage, and Jim comes rushing over and is stomping all around his white shoes.(seems like Jim was enjoying watching him as much as we were and was encouraging him. Like,"this is YOUR jam! Get it!"
GOD DAMN! LOVE IT!!!

P.S. Bo twinkling the piano, just makes those quiet parts perfect!

For me these are it..(all seen in person)
1)Portchester -12/28/2012 -best I've seen, gold standard.
2)Carl-solo at The Basement in Nashville. 9/3/2014
-Intimate, incredible! GO CARL! (Check YouTube)
3)Indy- Lawn at White River 7/8/2011
-my 1st Carried Away! I was hooked :)

GO TEAM CARL :thumbsup:

I guess I've only seen "Carried Away" 3 times as well. The very first show I ever got to go to was the KFC Yum! Center show on 10/29/2010. I was new to the band then and thought it was a normal Jacket song and was a usual part of their shows. The second time was at the first Headliners Rehearsal show on 4/6/2015. I was on the rail between Carl and Jim and saw them doing that stepping on each other's shoes thing. It was like they were rocking back and forth in time with the jam (pretty cool in such tight quarters). The third time was on night 3 of the Chicago run on 6/11/2015. They've all been killer rockin' out versions.
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011