Main Menu

FLAC help

Started by The_Big_Come_Up, Dec 21, 2007, 09:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Big Come Up

Hey, I'm sort of a novice when it comes to FLAC files and i'm getting pretty sick of not getting to hear a lot of recordings because I can't find the right programs to convert them. Can anybody here lend a hand? I'm trying to find a converter program that I can trust won't have a bunch of other crap (spyware, viruses, etc.) come along with it.

dhollensbe

http://mikewren.com/flac

from the source...you can also visit the archive and just download the zipped mp3's
Dead on the beach,
Is where I wanna make my home......

aMD

download the tracks, then download flac frontend. just type those words into google, it's a free download.  Then open the program drag the files you want to convert into the box, choose a folder you want them to go to and hit decode.  You will then have Wave files which you can burn to a CD and/or convert to mp3.  I use shorten to convert but I think winamp will do it too.

kev

aMillionDreams is right, winamp can convert for you as well.  If I remember correctly I typed a google search for converting flac to mp3 and there was a tutorial on one of the first few results that showed step by step how to convert using itunes and winamp, both free versions by the way.