outta my system

Started by klingklang, Jul 04, 2015, 09:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

klingklang

really enjoying the new album.  Not really into EU or Circ.  Too much filler but I have made my own playlist of best songs from the two and that would have made a pretty tremendous album.

One song I cant decide on though is 'outta my system'.  I always quite enjoy it but the lyrics are terrible.  Am I taking it too literally?  Is JJ just having a laugh and I am wrong to take it so literal or is it just not very good?     

johnnYYac

This was purported to be a song written for the now-defunct Muppets project.  I always like it live and spend much of the song watching Patrick get busy...   :drum:
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

slappymoe

Quote from: klingklang on Jul 04, 2015, 09:13 AM
Not really into EU or Circ........One song I cant decide on though is 'outta my system'......is it just not very good?     
i think evil urges is a fantastic album.

but i was terribly disappointed with circuital. the title track is outstanding, wonderful is wonderful, and slow, slow tune is pretty good, but the rest...... :cry:

as for outta my system.....easily my least favorite MMJ song ever. gives me a nasty feeling just thinking about it. a bathroom song if ever there was one, i feel cheated when i catch it at a show, thinking about the dozens upon dozens of songs i'd rather hear.

but that's just one man's harsh, vitriolic opinion.  to those who enjoy it....:beer:

MMJCOBRA

Not a huge fan of outta my system.  Too repetitive for me, kind of like first light.

But don't hate on Circuital!!!  Great album overall, VD, title track, Slow Slow Tune, Wonderful, Wanna Freak Out, Day is Coming, and Moving Away are all top shelf MMJ.  Hell, I even enjoy Black Metal live (but not so much on the album)

To each their own though.

ruralt

Evil Urges used to be my least favorite album, but here lately I view it way more favorably.  Circuital is becoming my least favorite.

I like Outta My System, but I prefer the alternate universe version. Obviously it never would've made it onto an album like that unless it was for the soundtrack to the Electric Mayhem thing, but the rhythm and production suits the song better imo.

MOWJO8185

The Port Chester extended version made me a fan of Outta My System. Even though they've never played it like that again, ever since I heard that one I just kinda dig the song a bit more than I had previously.

sillyboob

I'm going to have to track down that Port Chester version.

I'm a big fan of Outta My System.  I think it's a fun song, although the lyrics seem strange if they were the original Muppets project lyrics.

I like how the songs builds up.

Giving a listen to the remix samples on Amazon - they're, uh, different.
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.