jcc0065

Dillsnufus

Gazziza My Dillsnufus

jcc0065

Quote from: Dillsnufus on Nov 21, 2015, 11:25 PM
https://instagram.com/p/-X3WnFv_CP/

Setlist

REMNANTS

DAMN! how are people not going crazy! i guess im just the weird one who absolutely loses my mind at shows

dookie shoot bandit

ChrisS

Man, that was one of the best shows I have ever seen, and must be one of the best MMJ shows, I think. The whole time I was hoping it was being taped for a future thing, but no cameras, of course. At least maybe the audio will be available somewhere?

What do you all think about 11/21 compared to 11/20 ?

Dillsnufus

They didn't repeat any songs which was nice. Night 1 I had front row so I may be bias. The crowd energy was spectacular on Night 2 tho.
Gazziza My Dillsnufus

ChrisS

great video from Night 1. that was incredible.

I agree on the crowd energy from Night 2, people were moving that joint; felt like a old-time rock show from back in the heyday of the Orpheum. warms the old cockles thinking of that.

Also felt that the first night was more pop oriented and they saved all the big guitar tunes for the second night (sort of, Lay Low excepted)

DrunkFish

Personally I thought 11/20 was a bit better than 11/21. Opening with The Dark, Dondante->Phone Went West and the entirety of the encore were highlights of the first night, but tonight's show was killer too! Remnants was a song I never thought I'd see live and Dancefloors was AMAZING. Still no Strangulation in the great city of Boston though, kinda bummed about that but I definitely cannot complain. Two absolutely incredible shows. The Reno posters are beautiful as well. Can't wait to frame them.
I'm going where there ain't no need to escape from what is only spirits at ease

FetusTree

Okay so here is why Ithought the first night was better.
I like older stuff and night 1 had three TF songs
- If I just looked at a setlist I wouldn't have considered last night v special but they brought it hugely and songs I don't even like were in some cases highlights like Spring and, oh Compound Fracture. Whereas on Night 2, songs I didn't like didn't transcend. That said, after an initial lull they finished out incredibly strong. Steam Engine on was practically a dance party (not many people danced though) although the crowd was more into night 1. They sang along so loud night 1 it ruled. Way more energy than usual for a Boston crowd.

DEmerson

I only went Friday, and just looking at the set lists, I'm glad that's the night I chose.  Very happy to get both (an epic) Dondante AND Gideon in the same show.  I'm sure night 2 was amazing as well.  These guys are just rocking so hard right now and sounding SO good.  For those going to NY - you are in for a serious treat!

GO4IT

Lynchie

I look forward to meeting some folks at the Amsterdamn Ale house. I'll bring a bunch of copies of my recording from night 1 in Boston.  Not sure if I'll tape at the Beacon,  seems the policy now is head/shoulder height. 

Monkeyboy

Night 1 was better than night 2.  Something happened after Run>Dancefloors with the band and then continued with a weak encore compared to Friday.  Night 2 opened well but Night 1 was a full-on face melt.  Anytime you get A dark (totally unexpected opener), a Dondonte, a P double dub, War fucking begun, Gideon and Nashville I would chalk that up as an EPIC show!  So, so happy now for a couple years until they come back...
Bos 06,08,11,12 RCMH 08, Burlington 10, Portland 10, T5-ISM,Z,EU 10, Bangor 11, Newport 12

Northern Neighbour

Night 1 was by far better than Night 2. The jazzy end to "Dondante" that segued into a funk-defied opening of PWW was genius. "War Begun", "The Dark", "Nashville to Kentucky" - deep covers which added to the night. The band played 7 tracks from "Z" on Night 1, so that meant Night 2 was going to be mostly fillers.

Night 2 was good, though. "Remnants" was great, but the band didn't hit its high point until midway through the opening set. From "State of the Art" to "Dancefloors", that was a face-melting time (sans "Outta My System"). The "State of the Art" - "Masterplan" combo was awesome. The crowd went ballistic for "Scream Pt. 2" (our side - orchestra left near the stage - was highly engaged throughout the night). The encore, though, was highly disappointing. Fortunately, some of us got to meet Jim on Saturday night, so that led to the night ending on a high.

RastaRunner5

Good show. Dang though, I'm 0 for 2 for Boston venues. I know the band loves that town, but dang between the Agganis and Orpheum, they need to find some better spots to play.

I only went night two but was in ROW X in Orch and the sound was just soft. Mix was good, but just not loud enough. We moved down during Steam Engine thou  :grin:

Dillsnufus

Gazziza My Dillsnufus

Jbpats

Quote from: RastaRunner5 on Nov 23, 2015, 10:46 AM
Good show. Dang though, I'm 0 for 2 for Boston venues. I know the band loves that town, but dang between the Agganis and Orpheum, they need to find some better spots to play.

I only went night two but was in ROW X in Orch and the sound was just soft. Mix was good, but just not loud enough. We moved down during Steam Engine thou  :grin:

Being born and bread in Boston I have to strongly disagree, Orpheum is easily one of the best venues in the city..

MOWJO8185

beardedwonder

Quote from: Jbpats on Nov 23, 2015, 10:50 AM
Quote from: RastaRunner5 on Nov 23, 2015, 10:46 AM

Being born and bread in Boston I have to strongly disagree, Orpheum is easily one of the best venues in the city..

I agree with you Rasta. The Orpheum is def not one of those not a bad seat in the house and the sound is great throughout medium sized venues. It's just not. I'm glad we have the Orpheum but the sound for me on Night 1 was muffled and reverby. And unfortunately saying that it's one of the best in our city does not make it great. Knowing where to sit and not to sit  can improve the experience however. But when compared to the Masonic in SF last month the sound was incomparable which makes me sad.
"'Cause everything'd be great and everything'd be good If everybody gave like everybody could"