Nashville 2008-08-15 up on archive.org

Started by slimkim, Aug 17, 2008, 09:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jernigan

God doesn't hate me.........Technology and bad USB connections do.

Thank you lord for letting me delete those tunes, and succesfully uplaod them again. For my family's listening pleasure, we are forever in debt my friend.....

So, everybody can ignore my whining earlier, I do apologize

skyline

I hate to double post, but I still had the same question about disc 2.  How are you guys burning it since it's over 80 minutes long?

Jernigan

Angry Ewok

Quoteanyone know who the artist of that lightning 100 poster is?

It's a Hatch Show Print. Designed by Brad - the same guy who did the Ryman Auditorium poster.
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

searchinbig

QuoteI hate to double post, but I still had the same question about disc 2.  How are you guys burning it since it's over 80 minutes long?

Just take one song from disc two and put it on the end of disc one.

Or omit one song from disc two. I omitted Highly so it would all fit on disc two.

Of course it will either be out of order, or not complete, or you can choose to put one song on disc three or split all up between 3 discs.

Hope your not totally confused now.   :o
"Somewhere out there is a land that's cool, where peace and balance are the rule."

skyline

QuoteI hate to double post, but I still had the same question about disc 2.  How are you guys burning it since it's over 80 minutes long?

Just take one song from disc two and put it on the end of disc one.

Or omit one song from disc two. I omitted Highly so it would all fit on disc two.

Of course it will either be out of order, or not complete, or you can choose to put one song on disc three or split all up between 3 discs.

Hope your not totally confused now.   :o
Haha, alright, thanks.  I'll use one of the above solutions, then  :P

I was a heavy tape trader for years, and never encountered a case where the taper made one disc over 80 minutes like that.  I've been out of the game for a while, though, and was worried I was missing something obvious...

dhollensbe

The most obvious thing you are missing is that disc's are soooo 1990  ;)
Dead on the beach,
Is where I wanna make my home......

searchinbig

QuoteThe most obvious thing you are missing is that disc's are soooo 1990  ;)

????????????????????????  
"Somewhere out there is a land that's cool, where peace and balance are the rule."

weeniebeenie

How loud can silence get?

dhollensbe

????????????????????????  

Who burns discs anymore was the gist of my sarcasm....
Dead on the beach,
Is where I wanna make my home......

YouAre_GivenToFly

????????????????????????  

I know! I usually transfer mine to magnetic tape for my walkman, or if it's a really good recording I'll have it made on vinyl.
The wind blew me back, via Chicago, in the middle of the night.

searchinbig

????????????????????????  

Okay...gotcha now.

I tend to go more for the quality with the discs. I got my daughters old ipod ( pretty funny ,huh?) and really don't care much for it. Seems to be such a hassle to load it, etc.

Maybe I'm still a dinosaur.  ;D

Correction: I am a dinosaur.

tennessee

Quoteanyone know who the artist of that lightning 100 poster is?

It's a Hatch Show Print. Designed by Brad - the same guy who did the Ryman Auditorium poster.

Thanks! I thought it looked like a Hatch Show Print

BH

????????????????????????  

Okay...gotcha now.

I tend to go more for the quality with the discs. I got my daughters old ipod ( pretty funny ,huh?) and really don't care much for it. Seems to be such a hassle to load it, etc.

Everytime I put my ipod in that little slot in my car it gets stuck in there and no music at all comes out so I went back to burning discs.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

skyline

????????????????????????  

Okay...gotcha now.

Everytime I put my ipod in that little slot in my car it gets stuck in there and no music at all comes out so I went back to burning discs.
Ha!  It's another one of my old taping/trading habits.  

Tapers will often put disclaimers in their text files asking you to NEVER convert the shows to MP3.  Then the quality is degraded, and someone inevitably converts it back to .WAV and spreads it around as if it's the original.  So, it's always been FLAC/SHN/WAV for me when it comes to live shows.

Old habits die hard.   :P