Signed LE MMJ Waterfall Poster from We Are Lions

Started by Mr. White, Nov 30, 2015, 10:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. White

Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

beardedwonder

So cool. Awesome story!

My wife and I house 5 young men with Autism and teach them life skills including art and music.

Thanks for the heads up Mr White.  :thumbsup:
"'Cause everything'd be great and everything'd be good If everybody gave like everybody could"

AlwxanderD10

amskinz

Got myself one. What a great thing this is. Such a beautiful piece as well. I can't believe they aren't sold out.
Get on this people!
Great deal for a greater cause.
"The best MMJ show I've been to was the last one, every time."

Mr. White

Quote from: amskinz on Dec 02, 2015, 04:42 PM
Got myself one. What a great thing this is. Such a beautiful piece as well. I can't believe they aren't sold out.
Get on this people!
Great deal for a greater cause.

I agree 100%! I really like the abstract style of it and the fact that it is signed by Jim, Patrick, Tom, Carl, and Bo makes it all that more of a special thing. I have a few things signed by all of them, but nothing this suitable for framing and displaying.

Mr. White

Quote from: beardedwonder on Dec 01, 2015, 12:31 AM
So cool. Awesome story!

My wife and I house 5 young men with Autism and teach them life skills including art and music.

Thanks for the heads up Mr White.  :thumbsup:

I work with people with special needs too, beardedwonder. Only I work with elementary aged kids. I'm super glad MMJ are always looking out for people and issues that need attention and assistance. I've only recently begun donating a little money toward certain causes and organizations concerned with education, the environment, and social justice issues. When we buy products made by people you wouldn't normally think could be productive citizens, we are generating not only good karma, we are directly affecting their way of life. Spread the word about We Are Lions and any other worthwhile group you can think of. I especially love the work Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) does for the environment and for social justice issues. Just last week, our outgoing Democratic governor (Steve Beshear) changed the law to now allow people with felons on their record, who have served their time and not gotten into trouble again, to vote in elections again. There were several KFTC members present for the signing because they were a major driving force in getting this issue into the press and on the table for Governor Beshear to get done before leaving office. MMJ has included KFTC in the Waterfall Project, and I got one of the $30 leather wristbands that donates the money toward those causes. I only wish they would sell it in their store instead of just at shows. It is a cool piece of "jewelry" that I would be tempted to buy more of (I'm wearing mine right now). Anyway, yeah, I love MMJ's social consciousness!

ericm

Thanks for the heads up and posting this Mr. White. :thumbsup:  :cool:

I snagged one of these the other day.  :beer:
"Where's Jim going?"

AlwxanderD10

Just recieved mine today! Looks awesome! However I believe mine only has 4 signatures on it :/

ericm

Quote from: AlwxanderD10 on Dec 14, 2015, 04:08 PM
Just recieved mine today! Looks awesome! However I believe mine only has 4 signatures on it :/

Came in to post I got mine today as well. It is a beauty, and I thought the same as you as far as the sigs  go, but I think that's JJ's on the left, and kind of overlaps with Patrick's. Not sure though. Maybe someone else can offer some insight. If that's not two sigs there, someone has got a long autograph. :grin:
"Where's Jim going?"

rna2525

No ur right I got mine as well.Patrick and Jim are all over each other!

AlwxanderD10

Ah that makes sense now ! I kind of see it I suppose. Haha does Jim not sign with the number 34 like he used to?

johnnYYac

Mine also has the merging Jim/Patrick sigs.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Mr. White

I got mine yesterday. Just framed it today. Looks like Jim and Patrick signed in the same area on mine too. Patrick's is definitely more to the right. You can make out the big "P" pretty easily. I'm so glad I got it! Did you all get the extra sticker inside with a little note written on the back too?

Edit: Mine was 38/200

searchinbig

Jim and Patrick overlap on mine on the left as well, and Carl and Tom overlap on the right. Bo is on the bottom right. It's a pretty cool poster and I'm glad I bought it and hopefully helped someone out!

Mr. White is that a standard size frame you bought? Seems like a weird sized poster.
"Somewhere out there is a land that's cool, where peace and balance are the rule."

Mr. White

Quote from: searchinbig on Dec 16, 2015, 06:58 AM
Jim and Patrick overlap on mine on the left as well, and Carl and Tom overlap on the right. Bo is on the bottom right. It's a pretty cool poster and I'm glad I bought it and hopefully helped someone out!

Mr. White is that a standard size frame you bought? Seems like a weird sized poster.

Yeah, it is a standard sized frame from Michael's. It's a Trendsetter. They make several sizes, but I can't remember the exact measurements (it's at work right now, so I can't measure it). Seems like it was maybe 20' X 30' or 24' X 36' or something like that.

staurie28

Quote from: Mr. White on Dec 20, 2015, 12:20 PM

Yeah, it is a standard sized frame from Michael's. It's a Trendsetter. They make several sizes, but I can't remember the exact measurements (it's at work right now, so I can't measure it). Seems like it was maybe 20' X 30' or 24' X 36' or something like that.

The website listed them as 18 x 30.  I love mine and love the artist James' interpretation of the album and the music.  It goes so well with the sounds of MMJ...colorful, smooth, soulful, alive.

Mr. White

Quote from: staurie28 on Dec 20, 2015, 10:22 PM
Quote from: Mr. White on Dec 20, 2015, 12:20 PM

The website listed them as 18 x 30.  I love mine and love the artist James' interpretation of the album and the music.  It goes so well with the sounds of MMJ...colorful, smooth, soulful, alive.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the Trendsetter poster frame I got for it was the 20 X 30 one. I just used the flip side of the display paper for the matting on the left and right outside edges, since it was all white anyway. Most of James Frye's signature is hidden, but the number out of 200 is still visible. Almost all of the W.A.L. lion logo is visible at the top (maybe the top of his crown isn't visible). It looks good enough for now.

amskinz

I just wanted to bump this back up top because there are still some available from the source. It's such a great cause. To top it off, they split revenue with the artist.
In doing an eBay search for MMJ posters, I came across some low life trying to sell one of these for $155. I understand something like this is worth what someone is willing to pay for it, but they are still available through We Are Lions for only $50. If you're interested in one of these cool pieces, get it from the right place, not someone trying to make a buck on the backs of such a wonderful organization. Mine looks great!
"The best MMJ show I've been to was the last one, every time."