Jim James on "The Moment with Brian Koppelman" podcast

Started by subinai, Dec 08, 2015, 05:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

subinai

check it out here - https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/moment-brian-koppelman/id814550071?mt=2

havent listened to it yet but his past interviews are great. highly recommend checking it out if you like this interview especially the jason isbell one

wcazcooper95

Currently listening to the podcast, and needless to say Jim can be described in one word. Awesome

Cameron

Mr. White

Listening now via Slate from Jim's link he provided on Twitter (no iTunes for me).
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

beardedwonder

Good stuff. Obvious why I am drawn to their music. It's all about the love.

Thanks for heads up subaini
"'Cause everything'd be great and everything'd be good If everybody gave like everybody could"

Stevie

The interviewer is just terrible at times.  They get on a roll talking about other musicians but Jim has been a saint, constantly saving him or brushing off some really terrible, awkward questions. 

dontgetupset

Absolutely, Stevie. Maybe someone can edit out Kopelman so we can just listen to JJ. Highly highly annoying interviewer. I cannot believe the amount of patience JJ displayed. Youda thunk he had all the time in the world and not a concert starting in a few minutes.

APR

Quote from: dontgetupset on Dec 11, 2015, 09:25 AM
Absolutely, Stevie. Maybe someone can edit out Kopelman so we can just listen to JJ. Highly highly annoying interviewer. I cannot believe the amount of patience JJ displayed. Youda thunk he had all the time in the world and not a concert starting in a few minutes.

I also agree.  JJ was very patient.   I almost turned it off but glad I didn't because the second half was better.  Better questions, more interesting, and better flow of conversation.

Stevie

Yes, the second half was much improved. 

Most important thing gleaned from this interview:  Jim is working on his solo album AND the new Jacket album RIGHT NOW. 

parkervb

Koppleman wasn't that bad. You guys would just prefer Jim waxing poetic without interruption.
Don't you ever turn it off

subinai

Quote from: parkervb on Dec 11, 2015, 04:54 PM
Koppleman wasn't that bad. You guys would just prefer Jim waxing poetic without interruption.

agreed. i like him.

justbcuzido

Quote from: subinai on Dec 11, 2015, 06:19 PM
Quote from: parkervb on Dec 11, 2015, 04:54 PM

agreed. i like him.

Same here, if anything he came off as someone who is just a huge fan of the band and was excited to be talking to Jim. Which than made his whole line of questioning about talking to your idols/celebrities a bit meta.
Mona Lisa must'a had the highway blues, you can tell by the way she smiles.

parkervb

has anyone checked out some of the musicians mentioned? this Washington Phillips character is very interesting:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Washington_Phillips

he played some unknown instruments and most likely made them up from other broken instruments. Pretty wild. Phish covered a song of his a bunch during the early 90s
Don't you ever turn it off