Deep Cuts, Crowd Pleasers, or Covers?

Started by Emotion Detector, Jan 14, 2016, 12:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emotion Detector

What songs are you most anticipating to hear on the upcoming (and hopefully more will be added) tour dates at Red Rocks and Shaky Knees Fest?

Here are some of the ones that stand out in my mind:

Evil Urges
O is the One That is Real
Evelyn
Easy Morning Rebel
Aluminum Park
Dondante
Lay Low
Xmas
Lowdown
The Way That He Sings
The Bear
War Begun
Dancefloors
Victory Dance
Phone Went West
The Day Is Coming
They Ran
Steam Engine
OBH
I'm Amazed

Some covers I'd like to hear:

David Bowie
Rolling Stones
Dylan
Townes Van Zandt

And assuming they play more from The Waterfall:

Only Memories Remain
Compound Fracture
Tropics
In Its Infancy
Thin Line
Spring

staurie28

I agree with all your choices!  I would really give anything to see MMJ perform "It Makes No Difference" The Band or "All The Best" Jonh Prine.   Those are my two favorite covers ever, and seeing them live would be life changing for me!

Jackets N Pones

Welcome to the forum emotion detector!

I am hoping for lowdown, state of the art and honest man. TROPICS from the new album.
Here it is, in its entirety, our cover of ELO's Telephone Wire

EverythingChanges

Still holding out for Strangulation.

Hell, IWBTWYD, and O is the One would be nice as well.
I wonder why we listen to poets when nobody gives a fuck

JaySC_IV

Quote from: EverythingChanges on Jan 19, 2016, 03:42 PM
Still holding out for Strangulation.

Hell, IWBTWYD, and O is the One would be nice as well.

Second that! I've always wanted to see Strangulation live and IWBTWYD has been the rediscovered song I can't stop listening to the last couple weeks. I'd love to hear those out at Iroqouis in Louisville this May; and although its a classic, I'd love to see Bermuda Highway in its city of inspiration.

Couple others I'd love to see:

Friends Again
The Dark
Golden (never gets old)
Dondante
Into the Woods
What A Wonderful Man
Tyrone

It'd be crazy to hear some stuff off of the Early recordings like Tonite I want to Celebrate with you!

What does it mean to feel? Millions of dreams become real A feelin in my soul I'd never felt before

RobRoy286

Strangulation
Carried Away
How Do You Know
State of the Art
Into the Woods
Quick Like A Flash

What I want to hear most at Red Rocks.

slappymoe

the two nights in atlanta last summer allowed me to check a few songs off my list, but i still haven't caught strangulation live.  here's hoping they play it in louisville.

and i sure hope the two louisville shows have a cover or two each night. i don't care what, i just love it when they cover a song and make it their own.

Emotion Detector

I've read a lot of posts in other topics about Strangulation being sort of a bucket list song for them.  With MMJ playing two homecoming shows, I think the likelihood of us hearing some of the songs you guys have mentioned is high. Maybe even a Hard Helmet>Cobra (full length).

jcc0065

Quote from: Emotion Detector on Jan 29, 2016, 07:44 PM
I've read a lot of posts in other topics about Strangulation being sort of a bucket list song for them.  With MMJ playing two homecoming shows, I think the likelihood of us hearing some of the songs you guys have mentioned is high. Maybe even a Hard Helmet>Cobra (full length).

i was lucky enough to see them play strangulation in Birmingham this year. So awesome

Emotion Detector

Quote from: jcc0065 on Jan 29, 2016, 08:23 PM

Quote from: Emotion Detector on Jan 29, 2016, 07:44 PM

i was lucky enough to see them play strangulation in Birmingham this year. So awesome

The live versions I've heard--on the Internet--of Strangulation sound incredible. It's impressive that a band of this caliber has rarities that they can bring out for a show that sound as polished and energetic as though they've played these songs every single show.