Okonokos Release 7/1/2016??

Started by parkervb, Apr 07, 2016, 02:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buymycar

Interesting that Okonokos has been removed from the Pono store. The version that came with the MMJ LE Pono was at a higher resolution than the one in the Pono store. Maybe the hi-res version will finally be put up for sale at the end of the month to coincide with the re-release?

odelljaj

Okonokos Re-Release 8/1/2016!

gardenparty

looks like 3 new songs on the rerelease :angry:

Anybody check to see which ones?

midwesterner

Quote from: gardenparty on Jul 12, 2016, 04:25 PM
looks like 3 new songs on the rerelease :angry:

Anybody check to see which ones?

I don't think there are 3 bonus songs. Of at least based off of this track listed on the MMJ store page. This is the same set list as the 2006 LP version. It always had 3 more songs than the CD.

Disc 1

Wordless Chorus
    It Beats 4 U
    Gideon
    One Big Holiday
    I Will Sing You Songs
    Lowdown
    The Way That He Sings

Disc 2

At Dawn
    Golden
    What A Wonderful Man
    Off the Record
    Lay Low
    Dondante

Disc 3

Run Thru
    Xmas Curtain
    O is the One That Is Real
    Steam Engine
    Dance Floors

Disc 4

I think I'm Going To Hell
    Anytime
    Mahgeetah
    Where To Begin
    Sooner
    Strangulation

midwesterner

Quote from: justbcuzido on Jul 03, 2016, 02:55 PM
I'm part of the Vinyl Me Please club, and they have this release as part of their August store for $42 for members. So in theory it's still good.

What color is the vinyl? If not the standard black I may join just to get this variant.

parkervb

yea, if the vinyl always had those tracks, why promote the repress as having 3 more tracks?
Don't you ever turn it off

midwesterner

Quote from: parkervb on Jul 12, 2016, 04:36 PM
yea, if the vinyl always had those tracks, why promote the repress as having 3 more tracks?

Agreed it is totally misleading. I already have the 2006 version and only plan to buy this if there is a difference.

amskinz

"The best MMJ show I've been to was the last one, every time."

gardenparty

cool.  now I don't have to buy it

parkervb

i bought one for a listening copy. not that I don't listen to the original, just figured $45 was fine for a copy that I don't feel like I have to handle with extreme care.

Jellyfish

Supposedly mine is on the way,be here friday!  :happy:
The fact that my hearts beating
is all the proof you need

walterfredo

So freakin excited to have this in my possession. Not so excited that I'm experiencing excessive skipping!

Jellyfish

Quote from: walterfredo on Jul 29, 2016, 11:42 PM
So freakin excited to have this in my possession. Not so excited that I'm experiencing excessive skipping!
Are you playing this on a Crosley or low end TT? If so that's your problem.But I have to say when I opened mine up one of the records had a sliver from the center hole dug into the vinyl.I removed it carefully and cleaned it and it sounds fine but there is a visible scratch.I had to clean all the records and take tweezers and remove slivers of vinyl from the center hole but it's all good now.It's because of rushed pressings I know.Mine plays great now and I am excited to have this on vinyl as well even if it isn't the OG pressing.

walterfredo

justbcuzido

Quote from: walterfredo on Jul 30, 2016, 05:25 PM
This is the turntable I have...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B002S1CJ2Q/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1469913857&sr=8-2&pi=SY200_QL40&keywords=audio-technica+at+lp120

Don't know much about turntables but don't think it's low-end

I own this one too, probably one of the best options in this price range. It's not low end by any means. Now Crosleys shouldn't even be called turntables/record players as they are the destroyer of records.

Do you clean your records? Have an anti-static brush?
Mona Lisa must'a had the highway blues, you can tell by the way she smiles.

walterfredo

Admittedly I'm bad with maintenance and cleaning

Jellyfish

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B002S1CJ2Q/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1469913857&sr=8-2&pi=SY200_QL40&keywords=audio-technica+at+lp120

You're good,that is the same model I have and have been very happy with it.I hate that you got a bad pressing.I would definitely return it for a replacement.

Crispy

Lots of records get warped in transit, especially this time of year, as happened with a BUNCH of the early Circuital units, which I think sat in the back of a truck in Arizona for a couple of days. Man, I hope that's not the case with these. Anyway, yes, you should be able to get a replacement!
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

itrainmonkeys

Thinking about picking up a second copy. Did anyone who ordered the new one also still have an original box set? I got one from when it first came out but the rareness of it being available for years makes me want to get a backup copy lol. Am I the only one?

parkervb

Quote from: itrainmonkeys on Aug 02, 2016, 01:17 PM
Thinking about picking up a second copy. Did anyone who ordered the new one also still have an original box set? I got one from when it first came out but the rareness of it being available for years makes me want to get a backup copy lol. Am I the only one?

nope, I bought a "listening" copy. My wife paid WAY too much money for the one I have and in addition, I have a toddler so I figure I will put the OG in an upstairs closet along w/ a few other choice cuts for safe keeping.