Previous topic - Next topic

walterfredo

Black Friday RSD list for this year...

http://www.recordstoreday.com/SpecialReleases

My highest priority is Ween, The Pod.

I'll also be looking for

- Charlie Parker/Dizzy Gillespie/Bud Powell/Max Roach, Jazz At Massey Hall

- Tenacious D, Tenacious D Live

- Wes Montgomery, One Night in Indy (feat. The Eddie Higgins Trio)

I don't fight the crowds, just hope to get lucky after the dust settles.  What will you be going after?

Crispy

I'll avoid the lines too, but I'll be hoping to get my hands on:

Afghan Whigs: 1965
Trespassers William: Different Stars
Ben Lee: Awake Is the New Sleep

That live B52s records looks nice, and the Cardigans, and the aforementioned Charlie Parker etc., and David Gray, and Janis Joplin, and the Kinks, and Waylon, and Ween and AAAAGGGHHHHH
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

gardenparty

just because I'm a completest I'll get the Beck 12" for Dreams

Les Paul & Mary Ford - Christmas Cheer

think that's it

Angelo

I was going to get the Pharcyde 7" until I saw the $11 price tag. The prices for some of this stuff is absurd.

Santo

Anybody make a good haul at RSD yesterday?

I picked up:
Tom Petty - Kiss My Amps Vol. 2
Alt-J - Live at the Red Rocks
Judgement Night Soundtrack

Really wanted the Grateful Dead Capitol Theater set, but couldn't justify the price. Alt-J was bad enough.

johnnYYac

I skipped it this year.  The only artist with a release that interested me was Blitzen Trapper...
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Come Closer

Yeah I'll probably pick up the Blitzen Trapper and possibly Higher Authorities

getinthevan

I ended up with the Jason Molina covering Townes Van Zandt 7", and the Jay Farrar release, which I still have no idea what it might be, but I felt like taking a chance on something. 
The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place

Santo

Missed out on that Jason Molina. Gonna have to try to get that online tomorrow.

getinthevan

Quote from: Santo on Apr 17, 2016, 10:02 PM
Missed out on that Jason Molina. Gonna have to try to get that online tomorrow.

Try the Bull Moose website.  All the Record Store Day stuff hits their website tomorrow and it looks like there are still several available. 
The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place

parkervb

skipped RSD for the first time in a while. Not a whole lot I liked (the White Stripes Peel Sessions is cool but I have a good boot). 

Read some stuff about RSD has become a burden for some stores b/c of mandatory min orders, getting stuck with stock, etc.  The Black Friday RSD has also watered this down. 
Don't you ever turn it off

Gina

I was at the door at 2:45 am, first in line (surprisingly).  Agree that this year's selection seems less thrilling, but I still managed to bag about $500 in purchases (some for my daughter - most for me).  My holy grail was actually the Focus single (Hocus Pocus).