Media players and digital music.

Started by hoojack, Sep 15, 2016, 11:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hoojack

So what do all you fellow iTunes haters use for MP3 organization and playback? I still use an iPod so the main requirement would be the ability to sync with it. Tried media monkey today and it's already giving me a funky error message.

*i edited the subject based on my last post asking about hinted audio

johnnYYac

I truly despise iTunes as well.  I don't use any Apple devices, though my wife and daughters have iPhones.  I prefer to selectively direct-download to my Samsung Galaxy S4's internal memory, keep a regularly updated 16GB USB flash drive in my car's USB port, and store the entirety of my 300 GB digital music collection on my computer's hard drive.   
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

hoojack

300gb? Wow. I am sitting at 80 or so and that's around 15000 songs. I try to keep my iPod completely updated for car play. At home I tend to use Spotify or listen to vinyl so it's not like I'm using iTunes a ton. I've recently been toying with the ides of move more high res files when I do purchase digital music. iTunes won't support these files. I know someone out there has a player they recommend.  :grin:

hoojack

Also I'm trying to learn more about the higher quality digital files. I'm not sure if I can tell the difference but if it's better I obviously need it. Can someone explain to me the differences and what I should be looking for? I'm not technically inclined so feel free to talk to me like a 4 year old.

Mr. White

Quote from: hoojack on Sep 16, 2016, 04:17 PM
Also I'm trying to learn more about the higher quality digital files. I'm not sure if I can tell the difference but if it's better I obviously need it. Can someone explain to me the differences and what I should be looking for? I'm not technically inclined so feel free to talk to me like a 4 year old.

https://www.ponomusic.com/aboutus

https://vimeo.com/90892513
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011