Who recorded the radio broadcast of NYE?

Started by rats21, Jan 01, 2009, 02:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YouAre_GivenToFly

Its customary and courteous to wait at least one week after the show to ask about it being taped. The tape is out there, it will surface.
The wind blew me back, via Chicago, in the middle of the night.

Dillsnufus

Didn't know there was a broadcast. What station?
Gazziza My Dillsnufus

YouAre_GivenToFly

The wind blew me back, via Chicago, in the middle of the night.

tenn

To the best of my knowledge there was not a radio broadcast last night. 101.9 RXP was at the show but they just put up webcast video's of preshow stuff; talking to people walking in, Matt Pinfield introducing the band, and you can hear them starting the show in the last video. Then at 10:00 p.m. the station played Okonokos uninterrupted.
The video's are here:
http://www.1019rxp.com/ArtistProfiles/Story.aspx?id=1046179.

harpua51

this is too funny.....someone thought that the radio station's airing of OKONOKOS was the live broadcast of NYE

When I read the heading I was elated...

user_FKA_webmoster

Quotethis is too funny.....someone thought that the radio station's airing of OKONOKOS was the live broadcast of NYE

It sure as hell sounded to me like they were going to be broadcasting it. I was at the show and could have sworn the guy said that 101.9 RXP was going to be broadcasting it. He also said something about play Okonokos.

harpua51

Quotethis is too funny.....someone thought that the radio station's airing of OKONOKOS was the live broadcast of NYE

It sure as hell sounded to me like they were going to be broadcasting it. I was at the show and could have sworn the guy said that 101.9 RXP was going to be broadcasting it. He also said something about play Okonokos.

If there was a radio broadcast of this show and no one knew about it....I would be very surprised

there are a lot of people from NYC on this board....if any radio station was going to do broadcast the show I just cant believe that it didn't posted anywhere on this board

Sassbox

The guy from the station DID say they would be broadcasting the show...my fiance mentioned it when he made the announcement.  He just wasn't sure if it was going to be broadcast live or aired at a later date.
God sure baked a lot of fruitcake, baby.

searchinbig

What they said was they were broadcasting FROM MSG, not broadcasting the show. The dj's were at MSG, thats all.

Gotta listen carefully cause I was stoked also, thinking the show was being broadcast.
"Somewhere out there is a land that's cool, where peace and balance are the rule."

Penny Lane

QuoteWhat they said was they were broadcasting FROM MSG, not broadcasting the show. The dj's were at MSG, thats all.

Gotta listen carefully cause I was stoked also, thinking the show was being broadcast.

that was my fault--i think i posted on here they were going to broadcast---they've been saying for months they were broadcasting live from the show---i was bummed but i couldn't have misheard them each time. Sorry for getting people's hopes up. I guess i should have checked it out first. seemed too good to be true.
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

user_FKA_webmoster

QuoteWhat they said was they were broadcasting FROM MSG, not broadcasting the show. The dj's were at MSG, thats all.

that was my fault--i think i posted on here they were going to broadcast---they've been saying for months they were broadcasting live from the show---i was bummed but i couldn't have misheard them each time. Sorry for getting people's hopes up. I guess i should have checked it out first. seemed too good to be true.

no worries. I hadn't heard/read that anywhere until I was at the show and the guy from the radio station said it, and I too was under the impression they would be broadcasting the concert.

Well this sucks  :-/

doEVILslittle

no worries. I hadn't heard/read that anywhere until I was at the show and the guy from the radio station said it, and I too was under the impression they would be broadcasting the concert.

let's blame matt pinfield!!!

harpua51

let's blame matt pinfield!!!

isnt that the bald headed guy that used to be a VJ on MTV.....(that channel that used to show music videos?????)

doEVILslittle

yeah, he came on stage and gave us false hopes when plugging his sure to be shitty radio station