NYE show posted on archive

Started by scott_bernstein, Jan 02, 2009, 06:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gilisevil

Well done Mr. Bernstein!  My whole office thanks you.  (well, except for the suits)

logan5ive

Awesome sounding recording!

Does anybody know if the show was videotaped by an enterprising fan? :)
MMJ Shows 2005-2022 [30]

scott_bernstein

QuoteWell done Mr. Bernstein!  My whole office thanks you.  (well, except for the suits)
The suits should thank me even more! ;)

metfan630

QuoteScott, I wanna thank you too!
This is an all skate, everyone skate. all skate, everyone skate!

Haha YES!   Streaming this concert at work the past two days and today I finally noticed JJ's tribute to the roller rink before Thank You Too starts up.  Totally missed that during the show!

oktacoma

I d-loaded the 24 bit version and it does sound a bit better in my itunes after I decoded the FLACs to WAV files. Can the WAV files not be burned to CDs?

scott_bernstein

QuoteI d-loaded the 24 bit version and it does sound a bit better in my itunes after I decoded the FLACs to WAV files. Can the WAV files not be burned to CDs?
Correct.  There is no way to burn the 24 bit version to CD.

You could burn to an audio DVD and any DVD player will be able to play it (it takes 2 discs).  The process is far from straightforward if you want to figure it out, I can offer some pointers.

Scott

oktacoma

QuoteI d-loaded the 24 bit version and it does sound a bit better in my itunes after I decoded the FLACs to WAV files. Can the WAV files not be burned to CDs?

You could burn to an audio DVD and any DVD player will be able to play it (it takes 2 discs).  The process is far from straightforward if you want to figure it out, I can offer some pointers.

Scott
Thanks. Not having it on a CD is fine but those files should play fine on my ipod, right? Thanks again and thanks for posting it!!

scott_bernstein

Scott
Thanks. Not having it on a CD is fine but those files should play fine on my ipod, right? Thanks again and thanks for posting it!!
Not sure -- is your IPod converting them to a different format or leaving them as flac/wav files.  If it's converting them you're better off using the 16 bit files I've provided....

oktacoma

Scott
Not sure -- is your IPod converting them to a different format or leaving them as flac/wav files.  If it's converting them you're better off using the 16 bit files I've provided....
I'm using FLAC Frontend to decode the FLACs to WAVs and then adding the WAV files to my itunes, which I can then transfer to my ipod.

scott_bernstein

Scott
I'm using FLAC Frontend to decode the FLACs to WAVs and then adding the WAV files to my itunes, which I can then transfer to my ipod.
Again...it depends on the settings in iTunes whether it will compress or not -- if you are using Apple Lossless codec then you're OK....but I don't think iTunes by default keeps the original WAV files to store on your iPod.  But I'm not super familiar with iPods in general.

oktacoma

Scott
Again...it depends on the settings in iTunes whether it will compress or not -- if you are using Apple Lossless codec then you're OK....but I don't think iTunes by default keeps the original WAV files to store on your iPod.  But I'm not super familiar with iPods in general.
Oh, okay. So, if I change my itunes encoder to Apple Lossless and then add the WAV files I decoded from the FLAC files, I should get the better quality files to play in itunes? Is that right?

scott_bernstein

Scott
Oh, okay. So, if I change my itunes encoder to Apple Lossless and then add the WAV files I decoded from the FLAC files, I should get the better quality files to play in itunes? Is that right?
Not 100% sure....but sounds likely.  The thing is if iTunes is going to compress the files in any way you're definitely not going to gain anything from d/l a 24 bit file....

logan5ive

This might be the best version and recording of "Smokin From Shootin".
MMJ Shows 2005-2022 [30]

Clemmj

This has been the best thing to happen to me since the show, thank you, thank you, thank you.

searchinbig

20,998 downloads.

Wow.  [smiley=laugh.gif]

Can we make it 21,000?
"Somewhere out there is a land that's cool, where peace and balance are the rule."

goose

Quote20,998 downloads.

Wow.  [smiley=laugh.gif]

Can we make it 21,000?

I'm sure it will definitely happen.  After this Aussie tour, they will probably hit it up.
Hooked on four like one, two, three