Detroit Show??

Started by stuand, Oct 07, 2008, 08:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

getinthevan

Still haven't been able to find anything.  I guess now we just wait and hope he actually gets around to uploading it.  
The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place

youngvedder

fingers crossed! two tapers, at least, lets hope one appears...

such a great night.

cheers,

yv

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

I'm dying inside not having this show!! that run thru video is such a teaser!

youngvedder

its funny, I almost wrote the same comment yesteday, but bit my tongue.....anyone with insight? would love to think one of those tapers will release!

Run Thru!

Yv

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

Quoteits funny, I almost wrote the same comment yesteday, but bit my tongue.....anyone with insight? would love to think one of those tapers will release!

Run Thru!

Yv

fuck that shit.  I feel for tapers needing two weeks and whatever.  this is torture.  all that I can think of is maybe the crowd noise was too ridiculous and the taper is embarrassed about the quality.  

anything else seems like a lame reason not to release it.  hope people aren't starting to hoard shows already.  would be a damn shame.

stevenflow1989

I wish the show would turn up soon. I need to relive the groove they did at the end of the jam in Dondante.

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

QuoteI wish the show would turn up soon. I need to relive the groove they did at the end of the jam in Dondante.

no doubt dude, no doubt.

youngvedder

a christmas surprise?

I know, wishful thinking...

stevenflow1989

Any new info...? :(

Im The Dude

Im still waiting...someone on here has to know some info on the bootleg.

7/9/03 6/8/04 10/4/08 5/2/10 8/27/10 10/18--10/23/10(T5) 8/10/11 8/12/11

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

next tour we should setup some lists of whose taping what shows, get some e-mail addy's, etc.  get shit organized.  it could be sitting there on some dudes DAT all because he doesn't have accessibility or something.  in the future if people tape shows but can't upload them we should get a system of people who can upload the shows for them.   I wish I would have asked the dude I saw for his e-mail address now for sure.   figured he was from the boards though since he was taping.  this show was truly great hope the tapers let us have a taste sooner or later.

Im The Dude

Quotenext tour we should setup some lists of whose taping what shows, get some e-mail addy's, etc.  get shit organized.  it could be sitting there on some dudes DAT all because he doesn't have accessibility or something.  in the future if people tape shows but can't upload them we should get a system of people who can upload the shows for them.   I wish I would have asked the dude I saw for his e-mail address now for sure.   figured he was from the boards though since he was taping.  this show was truly great hope the tapers let us have a taste sooner or later.

thats a great idea. At least we wouldnt have to wait so long.  How do we go about doing this? Im not one who could tape a show.

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

Quotenext tour we should setup some lists of whose taping what shows, get some e-mail addy's, etc.  get shit organized.  it could be sitting there on some dudes DAT all because he doesn't have accessibility or something.  in the future if people tape shows but can't upload them we should get a system of people who can upload the shows for them.   I wish I would have asked the dude I saw for his e-mail address now for sure.   figured he was from the boards though since he was taping.  this show was truly great hope the tapers let us have a taste sooner or later.

thats a great idea. At least we wouldnt have to wait so long.  How do we go about doing this? Im not one who could tape a show.

either the tapers could do it themselves when the next tour rolls around or someone who is good making spreadsheets basically.  next time there is tour dates someone should make a thread getting the attention of whoevers taping.  shouldn't be that hard.

crookedheart82

Or, you could tape the show yourself next time.  Honestly, you can make a very decent recording with a Zoom H2, which are at Guitar Centers and even some Best Buys for $200.  Currently, the H2 is $160 on Amazon.  The H4 is a better unit, and is $238 on Amazon.  

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

QuoteOr, you could tape the show yourself next time.  Honestly, you can make a very decent recording with a Zoom H2, which are at Guitar Centers and even some Best Buys for $200.  Currently, the H2 is $160 on Amazon.  The H4 is a better unit, and is $238 on Amazon.  

that seems affordable, but alas I don't have a money tree.  if you send me your rig next time they're in d-town I'll totally tape it though.

stevenflow1989

Still nothing? This is truly tragic....please, i'll pay 50 bucks right now for this.....:(

Im The Dude

QuoteStill nothing? This is truly tragic....please, i'll pay 50 bucks right now for this.....:(

Brother,

Where were u standing for the concert? I wonder if we were near each other? Do you remember the guy in line that was playing guitar for money?

Dudley

Everytime time this thread gets bumped I get so stoked...  Then I sigh as I read the new post in hopes of next time.. I don't know if I even mentioned this due to the lashing I'll recieve.. But I've seen them 6 times now and the Fillmore had such bad acoustics!! Does anybody agree?? The boys were on point that night too!! But i kept hearing all of them blend too much together and create noise.. I also heard a lot of feedback.. Neither of which i've ever heard elsewhere.. Let me know if i'm just crazy or not..

stevenflow1989

QuoteStill nothing? This is truly tragic....please, i'll pay 50 bucks right now for this.....:(

Brother,

Where were u standing for the concert? I wonder if we were near each other? Do you remember the guy in line that was playing guitar for money?

I was right in front of Jim at the show, just a little to his left I think. Where were you?

Before the show, outside the venue, I was by this really nice homeless guy that this typical Detroit cop was being a huge dick to, man what an asshole, did anyone see that?

Oh and Dudley, I thought the sound was pretty good for the most part, granted I was also getting sounds from the monitors though, haha. Although Jim's strat during Anytime and Aluminum Park was really muddy.

Dudley

Brother,

I was right in front of Jim at the show, just a little to his left I think. Where were you?

Before the show, outside the venue, I was by this really nice homeless guy that this typical Detroit cop was being a huge dick to, man what an asshole, did anyone see that?

Oh and Dudley, I thought the sound was pretty good for the most part, granted I was also getting sounds from the monitors though, haha. Although Jim's strat during Anytime and Aluminum Park was really muddy.

Yeah I saw that guy.. He was told to keep moving and dropped all his shit?? That guy was a creep man kept showing me his pistons schedule for some reason.. The reason cops do this is because the hobos bother the people who come to detroit for the shows and such.. The more people that come and enjoy it the more money the city makes.. I think he was rather polite though. lol He said something about the way the man smelled that made me laugh my ass off..