MoF United Palace 11-6 recording

Started by Johnny_Yac, Nov 18, 2009, 08:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnYYac

Someone on the MoF forum "The Right Place" put up a link to their recording of the Nov. 6th show.  I'm downloading it right now, so I can't speak to the quality but appreciate the effort to tape and share the show.  

Here's the link: http://www.sendspace.com/file/ard45m

Thanks to mof61299
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

exceptional work johnny, exceptional work indeed.  thank you.

AMightyCaporal

the recording is actually pretty good- I'll be listening to this more than the philly one- the band's voices sound a little bit more on.  Plus I was there so it brings me right back!

edit:

gotta figure out the setlist though- its all alphabetical order when imported to itunes
Oh I'll never say I knew you, but my heart can't wait to meet you on the other side

johnnYYac

There is a file that I clicked that played the show in order of the setlist through Windows Media Player: an m3u file called MoF_revised.  

Anyway, the set below also came from our kind taper, with some debate about its accuracy.  I think the recording helps verify its pretty accurate.  And the recording is quite good, though I haven't gotten very far through it.  

Am I right?  Is this the only recording of a show on the tour, apart from the xpn stream from Philly?  Wow!  Where are all the tapers?  Did anyone get shut down by the camera nazis for having a couple of mikes up?

1. Say Please
2. The Right Place
3. Soul Singer In A Session Band (Bright Eyes cover)
4. Slow Down Jo
5. Man Named Truth
6. Bermuda Highway (My Morning Jacket cover)
7. Look At You (My Morning Jacket cover)
8. Lime Tree (Bright Eyes cover)
9. Vincent O'Brien (M. Ward cover)
10. Ahead Of The Curve
11. Golden (My Morning Jacket cover)
12. Baby Boomer
13. Lullaby + Exile (M. Ward cover)
14. We Are Nowhere And It's Now (Bright Eyes cover)
15. Lenders In The Temple (Conor Oberst cover)
16. I Will Be There When You Die (My Morning Jacket cover)
17. To Save Me (M. Ward cover) (*Missing from recording)
18. Dear God (Sincerely M.O.F.)
19. Temazcal
20. Wonderful (The Way I Feel)
21. One Life Away (M. Ward cover)
22. One Hundred Million Years (M. Ward cover)
23. Chinese Translation (M.Ward Cover) (*missing from recording)
24. At Dawn (My Morning Jacket cover)
25. Goodway
26. Kathy With a K's Song
27. The Sandman, The Brakeman and Me
28. Map of the World
29. Smokin' From Shootin'
30. Hit the Switch (Bright Eyes cover) (*Missing from recording)
31. At the Bottom of Everything (Bright Eyes cover)
32. Whole Lotta Losin'
33. Another Travelin' Song (Bright Eyes cover)
34. His Masters Voice

johnnYYac

Am I right?  Is this the only recording of a show on the tour, apart from the xpn stream from Philly?  Wow!  Where are all the tapers?  Did anyone get shut down by the camera nazis for having a couple of mikes up?
Oops!  I forgot the Louisville show.  Who do we thank for that?  Ah, yes... Kory.

P.S.  How do you get the gray box with the post to which you are replying included?  I haven't figured it out (NooB here).

johnnYYac

QuoteAm I right?  Is this the only recording of a show on the tour, apart from the xpn stream from Philly?  Wow!  Where are all the tapers?  Did anyone get shut down by the camera nazis for having a couple of mikes up?
Oops!  I forgot the Louisville show.  Who do we thank for that?  Ah, yes... Kory.

P.S.  How do you get the gray box with the post to which you are replying included?  I haven't figured it out (NooB here).

Testing... testing... one... two... three.  Ah, figured it out.

AMightyCaporal

QuoteAm I right?  Is this the only recording of a show on the tour, apart from the xpn stream from Philly?  Wow!  Where are all the tapers?  Did anyone get shut down by the camera nazis for having a couple of mikes up?

Testing... testing... one... two... three.  Ah, figured it out.

haha you did it!
Oh I'll never say I knew you, but my heart can't wait to meet you on the other side

ynwa

Quotethe recording is actually pretty good- I'll be listening to this more than the philly one- the band's voices sound a little bit more on.  Plus I was there so it brings me right back!

edit:

gotta figure out the setlist though- its all alphabetical order when imported to itunes

very good recording.  i was there too - tame yet perfect for me on the night.  oh, and i had to have a self intervention last week & pried it from the cd player in my car.  i'm O.K.

truth be told i was in it for jj and of couse he shone like the bright star he is.  but i was totally blown away by the others as well.  matt is absolutely INSANE on the guitar.  i think i drooled during one of his solo escapades.  conor, while i'm not a huge fan of his singing voice, i do have to say that his lyrics are so vivid, honest, at times haunting & ever so beautiful.  and mike, mike shattered my heart with his mando playing on "we are nowhere and it's now".  i still get a lump in my throat when i listen to it.

i've been to a lot of great concerts over the years and this one is right up there.  so glad to have a recording to bring me back to that night.
"You have to be odd to be number one." -- Dr. Seuss