Roll Call - Newport, Kentucky - 6/24/2023

Started by Mr. White, Mar 22, 2023, 03:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

willsfc

What a show, stood next to a couple who was also at Bonnaroo. Unfortunately venue did not let me bring in taping gear, so no fan audio from this show.
-will

DaydreamNation

11/11/23  11/10/23  11/9/23  11/7/23  10/29/22  11/2/21  7/7/17  6/22/17  10/27/16  5/13/16  5/12/16

LBSUNFLWR

Last night was absolutely incredible, start to finish.

Opening with PWW was like jaw dropping. The encore was outrageous. The performance on every song was among the best I've ever seen. They did it up for Kentucky.

That was my first time at the outdoor side to this venue and I loved it. We were in the first row of the small section of seats and it was perfect. I'm short and don't love standing GA so I was happy to be where we were as I could see over the GA.

The sunset and the Cincinnati skyline added to the experience. I thought the opener was good too.

walterfredo

Set lists last 2 nights were bonkers.

LBSUNFLWR

Besides the encore, Lay Low was probably the highlight for me if I had to call out one song. I haven't seen it live in years. 

DaydreamNation

No repeats across the last two sets either it seems?
11/11/23  11/10/23  11/9/23  11/7/23  10/29/22  11/2/21  7/7/17  6/22/17  10/27/16  5/13/16  5/12/16

ranyart

We're still processing what happened this past weekend and at this point all we're really capable of saying is WOW!  We got to see our first Carl led MMJ song, which we have been talking about for years, and that was just the tip of the iceberg.  Not only were there zero repeats for the Indy-Newport sets the two shows felt completely different with Indy being more laid back and Newport all out pedal to the metal.  It all worked out to be the perfect two show run for us.

This was our first trip to Newport's new MegaCorp Pavilion and it won't be our last.  I remember when they announced plans for this venue I said "why do we need another outdoor music spot in Cincy?" well now I know because this place is freaking awesome.  The sound was crystal clear probably the best outdoor sound I have ever experienced.  When we first got there I said I wish there was a roof for cover but after hearing the show I wouldn't change anything (although we did appreciate the new roof at TCU in Indy).  And our hotel room had a clear view of the stage which gave us full sound check listening and viewing as well as being able to watch the loadout after the show with our friends (which was super fun - it's amazing how many people showed up to do this work and how fast it all went).  The only drawback for this venue is the amazingly stupid road design for KY 8 in front of the venue.  We watched some seriously crazy car moves from our window all I can say is if they are going to design roads like this they had better be ready to enforce the rules before someone gets hurt.

Next up for us is Chicago in November unless something else gets announced before then.  I don't know how MMJ can top these shows but I'm sure they will find a way...

Mr. White

I got to be on the Rail for this one! Front Row Johnny is Back!!!
But seriously though, I had a real good time at this show and especially before it started hanging out with all the early folks lined up for VIP Early Entry (I wasn't VIP this time but did purchase the 15 minute Early Entry from the venue known as Quick Pass) and hanging out with friends and new friends on the actual Rail (I was on Jim's side). I didn't take any long videos or even a complete song at either this show or the Indianapolis show the night before, but I have a few endings of songs and the beginning of another. I'm going to use some found footage from YouTube from other fans to supplement my videos to maybe make up a complete song or two later on. Until then, here's what I got from Newport.

My Morning Jacket
"Cobra" (ending only)
MegaCorp Pavilion
Newport, Kentucky
Saturday, June 24, 2023

My Morning Jacket
"Feel You" (ending only)
MegaCorp Pavilion
Newport, Kentucky
Saturday, June 24, 2022

My Morning Jacket
"AEIOU" (ending only)
MegaCorp Pavilion
Newport, Kentucky
Saturday, June 24, 2023

Edit:
OK
Here's the Unlisted video (for now) of the combination video I made of "Feel You" with my short video clip of the beginning and my longer ending of the song video combined with Jc H's YouTube video of the whole song (I used the middle part of it) to make it a complete song.

My Morning Jacket
"Feel You"
(My video footage at the beginning and end of the video with found footage from YouTube from Jc H.)
MegaCorp Pavilion
Newport, Kentucky
Saturday, June 24, 2023
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

DaydreamNation

Quote from: ranyart on Jun 26, 2023, 09:21 AMWe're still processing what happened this past weekend and at this point all we're really capable of saying is WOW!  We got to see our first Carl led MMJ song, which we have been talking about for years, and that was just the tip of the iceberg.  Not only were there zero repeats for the Indy-Newport sets the two shows felt completely different with Indy being more laid back and Newport all out pedal to the metal.  It all worked out to be the perfect two show run for us.

This was our first trip to Newport's new MegaCorp Pavilion and it won't be our last.  I remember when they announced plans for this venue I said "why do we need another outdoor music spot in Cincy?" well now I know because this place is freaking awesome.  The sound was crystal clear probably the best outdoor sound I have ever experienced.  When we first got there I said I wish there was a roof for cover but after hearing the show I wouldn't change anything (although we did appreciate the new roof at TCU in Indy).  And our hotel room had a clear view of the stage which gave us full sound check listening and viewing as well as being able to watch the loadout after the show with our friends (which was super fun - it's amazing how many people showed up to do this work and how fast it all went).  The only drawback for this venue is the amazingly stupid road design for KY 8 in front of the venue.  We watched some seriously crazy car moves from our window all I can say is if they are going to design roads like this they had better be ready to enforce the rules before someone gets hurt.

Next up for us is Chicago in November unless something else gets announced before then.  I don't know how MMJ can top these shows but I'm sure they will find a way...
thanks for sharing your experience!! and awesome to hear the sound was so good...the MMJ show at PNC in 2017 the sound was the worst I've ever heard for them

Mr. White

Here's another Unlisted combination video I just made using most of Eric Groves' video and all of his audio with my video footage at the end. Eric was on Carl's side, and I was on Jim's side.

My Morning Jacket
"Cobra"
MegaCorp Pavilion
Newport, Kentucky
Saturday, June 24, 2023
(Combination Video - Eric Groves & Darkstarflashes)
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011