Roll Call - St. Augustine FL. 6/15/2023

Started by ericm, Mar 22, 2023, 05:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ericm

Looks like we'll be hanging preshow at the Embassy Suites  bars on A1A Beach Blvd. I'm thinking around 4:00-6:00ish but really anytime is fine. I'll probably get there a little earlier.

Everyone is welcome to join and if you're interested I have a friend who runs a shuttle service and is picking us up at the hotel and dropping us off at the Amp for $5 a head.  :thumbsup:

No driving or paying to park and he'll come back post show and run anyone back to the beach if needed.

If anyone is interested in his shuttle just give me a heads up. He has two, one seats 11, and the other 8 and I just wanted to keep him in the loop.

Looking forward to seeing some old friends and meeting some new ones.  :beer:
"Where's Jim going?"

APR

Thanks for doing the research!  Embassy sounds great as does the shuttle.  See you as close to 4:00 as possible.  MMJ will be on by 7:30 or thereabouts considering the 10:00 curfew.  See you this week.

clayton

Awesome! Looking forward to seeing everyone on Thursday!

jose elberto

Quote from: ericm on Jun 10, 2023, 05:00 PMLooks like we'll be hanging preshow at the Embassy Suites  bars on A1A Beach Blvd. I'm thinking around 4:00-6:00ish but really anytime is fine. I'll probably get there a little earlier.

Everyone is welcome to join and if you're interested I have a friend who runs a shuttle service and is picking us up at the hotel and dropping us off at the Amp for $5 a head.  :thumbsup:

No driving or paying to park and he'll come back post show and run anyone back to the beach if needed.

If anyone is interested in his shuttle just give me a heads up. He has two, one seats 11, and the other 8 and I just wanted to keep him in the loop.

Looking forward to seeing some old friends and meeting some new ones.  :beer:

Sounds awesome! 

Zutroy

ericm

I'm hanging at a table by the bar. For anyone I haven't met before look for the guy with the poster tube. Lol
"Where's Jim going?"

jose elberto

Just got in town - hit traffic and weather - not going to make the meet up. See you guys at the show!

Angelo

Has anyone seen a printed setlist for this show? I'm curious if anything was cut. 

ericm

Quote from: Angelo on Jun 30, 2023, 11:15 PMHas anyone seen a printed setlist for this show? I'm curious if anything was cut.

I haven't and was wondering the same thing. They had 10-15 minutes left before curfew if they wanted to play more, and I thought we'd get another song.

Not complaining because it was a great show but I thought for sure they'd play right up to the curfew.
"Where's Jim going?"

Angelo

Quote from: ericm on Jul 01, 2023, 07:07 AM
Quote from: Angelo on Jun 30, 2023, 11:15 PMHas anyone seen a printed setlist for this show? I'm curious if anything was cut.

I haven't and was wondering the same thing. They had 10-15 minutes left before curfew if they wanted to play more, and I thought we'd get another song.

Not complaining because it was a great show but I thought for sure they'd play right up to the curfew.
I wonder if it had to do with the storm/lightning. I don't blame them if that's why they ended a tad early. The show was great and there were a couple of moments where it seemed like what was happening on stage was coordinated with the lightning in the sky. So damn cool.

Was great seeing you albeit briefly! That storm really threw a wrench in our pre-show plans. 

ericm

Quote from: Angelo on Jul 04, 2023, 11:36 AM
Quote from: ericm on Jul 01, 2023, 07:07 AM

I wonder if it had to do with the storm/lightning. I don't blame them if that's why they ended a tad early. The show was great and there were a couple of moments where it seemed like what was happening on stage was coordinated with the lightning in the sky. So damn cool.

Was great seeing you albeit briefly! That storm really threw a wrench in our pre-show plans.

Ya know I didn't really think about the weather and you're right it might very well have played into them not playing right up to the early curfew. It was pouring during the encore and even though we were all under cover it really was quite the storm pretty much all afternoon and night with not much letup at all. Some crazy lightning too as you said so no doubt that was a factor.

Good to see you too again and no worries on the get together. I'm sure we'll have another somewhere down the road. I'm doing Atlanta in the fall and then  hopefully either Chicago or NYC. I'm leaning more towards Chicago but haven't made any solid plans just yet.
"Where's Jim going?"

Angelo

We're doing NYC! It'll be my first time at the Beacon. 

ericm

Quote from: Angelo on Jul 05, 2023, 10:53 PMWe're doing NYC! It'll be my first time at the Beacon.

Wow, enjoy it. You'll definitely like it. Been there many times over the years for the Allman Brothers March runs and also MMJ in 15.

Great theater with fantastic sound and really not a bad seat in the house. Plus there's plenty of cool spots nearby to eat and drink. Amsterdam Ale House around the corner was always a popular spot.

If I do those shows I'll be sure and get in touch.
"Where's Jim going?"

APR

Quote from: ericm on Jul 06, 2023, 06:45 AM
Quote from: Angelo on Jul 05, 2023, 10:53 PMWe're doing NYC! It'll be my first time at the Beacon.

Wow, enjoy it. You'll definitely like it. Been there many times over the years for the Allman Brothers March runs and also MMJ in 15.

Great theater with fantastic sound and really not a bad seat in the house. Plus there's plenty of cool spots nearby to eat and drink. Amsterdam Ale House around the corner was always a popular spot.

If I do those shows I'll be sure and get in touch.

Do it!