One Big Holiday hotel question

Started by clayton, Dec 11, 2023, 10:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

clayton

Hey friends,

So my wife, Grace, and I are hoping to make it to our first ever One Big Holiday next April. Rooms at the Hard Rock are sold out, with only available rooms left at UNICO. From what I have read, shuttle buses take you from UNICO over to Hard Rock, with it being around 15 minutes.

My two questions are, does it become a hassle to continue to go back and forth from one resort to the next? Is there a waitlist to sign up for a room at Hard Rock, hoping one will become available?

Also, if someone is staying at UNICO, once you are at Hard Rock, can you utilize their food options or are you only allowed to eat/drink at UNICO.

Any insight is greatly appreciated.
-Clayton
Athens, Ga

walterfredo

Not sure I have all the answers here, as this is the first time they have done an additional off-site resort. While I'm sure it will be just fine, I tend to think you really want to be at the HR for convenience and simplicity. People have been (and will be) selling their hard rock packages when they realize they can't swing it, and I think this mostly happens on the fan facebook group and I think there's a OBH specific FB group as well.

Email cloud 9, pretty sure you can also join a waitlist for HR rooms.

clayton

Thanks so much. Yeah I will certainly email about hopefully being added to a waitlist.

slappymoe

Quote from: walterfredo on Dec 11, 2023, 11:59 AMPeople have been (and will be) selling their hard rock packages when they realize they can't swing it
i won't know until early february, but there's a chance i'll be looking to sell mine :cry:

hopefully it doesn't come to that.  if it does, i'll be posting it here first.

rab7607

Quote from: clayton on Dec 11, 2023, 10:54 AMHey friends,

So my wife, Grace, and I are hoping to make it to our first ever One Big Holiday next April. Rooms at the Hard Rock are sold out, with only available rooms left at UNICO. From what I have read, shuttle buses take you from UNICO over to Hard Rock, with it being around 15 minutes.

My two questions are, does it become a hassle to continue to go back and forth from one resort to the next? Is there a waitlist to sign up for a room at Hard Rock, hoping one will become available?

Also, if someone is staying at UNICO, once you are at Hard Rock, can you utilize their food options or are you only allowed to eat/drink at UNICO.

Any insight is greatly appreciated.
-Clayton
Athens, Ga

I imagine you can fully use the Hard Rock facilities while staying at UNICO, I don't think they would offer both resorts if that wasn't the case. Hopefully you can find a room at the Hard Rock, it would definitely be a drag shuttling back and forth from the resorts.

Bulldog

I personally cant imagine being offsite and bussing in for the shows that would just buzz kill me. I'm at HR, but have a coworker who is going for her first time and was able to buy a package via the FB group without any issues recently so I know it can be done. I'm thinking the wait list is gonna be pretty long, so personally if its a goal, go get em on FB

Vicious

So I was a late to buy a ticket, and I'm staying at Unico. Going by myself. I'm certain I'll make friends with the unico folks taking the shuttle also.

slappymoe

Just put my reservation up for sale. PM if interested.