FILLMORE, SF 4 NIGHTS MAY 27, 28, 30, 31st

Started by Lonndown27, Mar 04, 2024, 02:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lonndown27

Quote from: iLikeBeer on Mar 05, 2024, 09:33 AM
Quote from: Lonndown27 on Mar 04, 2024, 02:11 PMMy Morning Jacket return to San Francisco's FILLMORE for the first time since their legendary 3 night stand to end 2006, of course also the scene of the Okonokos majesty in November 2005, too.

Crazy they haven't played there since then, but they're back for a no repeat 4 night stand at the end of May, which is always a magical time: 27th, 28th, 30th and 31st.

Lets Geaux!!!!

This would be a golden opportunity for that DVD you were hoping for Lonn!!!   :beer:

I really really really hope so. I mean why the hell not?? Okonokos reissue on dvd followed by a 3 disc epic 4 night extravaganza or even comp, I'm all there. ALLL THERE
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022+ 8/16/2024::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

Lonndown27

Potential to be an all time stand this May. Chicago was just too damn good. They've been on a massive winning streak since 2022.
Just relentless.
I mean I even just listened to an entire live version of Compound Fracture from 10/28/23 Philly on Nugs. I usually skip Compound unless I'm listening to a full show all the way through. It was just too damn good.
They're on fire right now.
It's all very inventive and they're playing such rare incredible stuff I've been wanting them to play for a long time (full COBRA, OFF the Record sandwich attempt, Sooner, Come Closer, WORDLESS CHORUS finally being extended (I called for them to either extend or drop it back in late 2021 on that Facebook group. Then, 4/20/22, what happens??? They broke out the extended WORDLESS we know and love.

Just love where they're at right now, they're giving fans tons of archival recordings, even the footage like the Roo 2004 documentary or Okonokos 4K remastered, or how they're doing Live Volumes on vinyl that are just perfectly executed thus far, the incredible anniversary reissues of Tenn Fire, ISM, At Dawn, there's been almost not a foot wrong since the pandemic ended.
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022+ 8/16/2024::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

Lonndown27

THROUGH THE SEIZURE OF TOP SECRET MMJ DOCUMENTS, I HAVE LEARNED THE ENTIRE 4 NIGHT STAND SET LIST IDENTITIES:

MMJ SAN FRANCISCO
NIGHT I
OBH
OFF THE RECORD
ALUMINUM PARK
HOW DO YOU KNOW
CLIMBING THE LADDER
O IS THE ONE THAT IS
PICTURE OF YOU
IF ALL ELSE FAILS
SPINNING MY WHEELS
SEC WALKIN
LEAST EXPECTED
DONDANTE
THE DEVIL'S IN THE DETAILS
STATE OF THE ART
LAY LOW
---------
ROLLIN BACK
WHERE TO BEGIN
ONLY MEMORIES REMAIN
TOUCH ME PT. 1
PENNY FOR YOUR THOUGHTS
HOLDIN ON TO BLACK METAL
MAHGEETAH

NIGHT II (ACOUSTICA2024
FULL BAND = *
JIM + CARL = +)
AT DAWN*
CAN U SEE THE HARD HELMET ON MY HEAD?*
GOLDEN*
SWEETHEART*
LOOK AT YOU *
KNOT COMES LOOSE*
LIKE A RIVER *
I CAN'T WAIT +
I NEEDED IT MOST +
INTO THE WOODS +
HOPEFULLY+
STEAM ENGINE + / *
THE BEAR *
DEATH IS THE EASY WAY*
RUN IT *
NOTHING TO IT*
HARVEST MOON (NEIL&)*
WHAT A WONDERFUL MAN*
NO EXCUSES (ALICE IN CHAINS&)*
BROKEDOWN PALACE (GD&)
TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE*
-----
TONITE I WANT 2 CELEBRATE W/ U +/*
BERMUDA HIGHWAY+
WELCOME HOME+/*
WEEKS GO BY LIKE DAYS*
LAY LADY LAY (BOB&)*
HOW COULD I KNOW*
HIS MASTER'S VOICE*

NIGHT III
STRANGULATION!
THE DARK
IT BEATS 4 U
GIDEON
EVIL URGES
SOONER
THEY RAN
COME CLOSER
THANK YOU TOO!
WAR BEGUN
I WILL SING YOU SONGS
MASTERPLAN
EVELYN IS NOT REAL
HONEST MAN
WASTED
--------
IT'S ABOUT TWILIGHT NOW
EASY MORNING REBEL
HIT IT & QUIT IT (FUNKADELIC&)
LOVIN CUP (STONES&)
ROCK & ROLL (VU&)
DANCEFLOORS
HAPPY (STONES&)
DANCEFLOORS (SOLOS+ENDING JAM)

NIGHT IV
HEARTBREAKIN MAN
XMAS CURTAIN
CIRCUITAL
THE WAY THAT HE SINGS
CHILLS
JUST ONE THING
JUST BECAUSE I DO
FEEL YOU
OLD SEPT. BLUES
I NEVER COULD GET ENOUGH
CARRIED AWAY
4TH OF JULY
EN LA CEREMONY
MERCY MERCY ME (MARVIN GAYE&)
RUN THRU
SPACE COWBOY (STEVE MILLER&)
RUN THRU (END OF)
SMOKIN FROM SHOOTIN
PHONE WENT WEST
ANYTIME
-------
THANKU FALETTINME BE MICE ELF AGIN (SLY&)
STANDING ON THE VERGE OF GETTIN IT ON (FUNKADELIC&)
HIGHLY SUSPICIOUS
COBRA (FULL)
TOUCH ME II
WORDLESS CHORUS

Hoptimus Prime

Quote from: Lonndown27 on May 20, 2024, 01:27 PMPotential to be an all time stand this May. Chicago was just too damn good. They've been on a massive winning streak since 2022.
Just relentless.
I mean I even just listened to an entire live version of Compound Fracture from 10/28/23 Philly on Nugs. I usually skip Compound unless I'm listening to a full show all the way through. It was just too damn good.
They're on fire right now.
It's all very inventive and they're playing such rare incredible stuff I've been wanting them to play for a long time (full COBRA, OFF the Record sandwich attempt, Sooner, Come Closer, WORDLESS CHORUS finally being extended (I called for them to either extend or drop it back in late 2021 on that Facebook group. Then, 4/20/22, what happens??? They broke out the extended WORDLESS we know and love.

Just love where they're at right now, they're giving fans tons of archival recordings, even the footage like the Roo 2004 documentary or Okonokos 4K remastered, or how they're doing Live Volumes on vinyl that are just perfectly executed thus far, the incredible anniversary reissues of Tenn Fire, ISM, At Dawn, there's been almost not a foot wrong since the pandemic ended.

Couldn't agree more...  They were simply magical in Mexico this year.  They're the best they've ever been right now.  Got all but one ticket locked down for the Fillmore shows.  Its the first week of summer for my 12-year old.  Talk about an epic start to a summer.  :cool:
5/24/2003, and every damn time possible since!

MPP

Anyone planning a meet up spot before the show either Monday, or Tuesday?  Most shows, I'm seeing familiar faces from previous shows, and guessing which one is which poster here. Lol

Shug

On Tuesday I'm planning on pre show cocktails at Finders Keepers at Post and Larkin, looks like a good basement bar.. I'm going solo and super pumped to be back at the Fillmore once again!
"Some like their water shallow, I like mine deep"

walterfredo

I'm looking for a couple Friday tix. Can purchase or trade Thursday tix.

Shug

Well night one was a FACEMELTER!! Those first five songs had been shaking my head in disbelief. They jammed so hard even my not so fave songs like Love Love Love and Feel You. Carls solo on Carried Away was Gilmour-esque. Heavens Door jam sounded like they have been listening to Neil Young and Crazy Horse! Just epic crescendos all over the place! I felt it was the best MMJ show I've seen, over Red Rocks that year they played those two epic long shows and the Wiltern run in 2013? Jim seems at ease, calm peaceful but ready to rock. I don't detect any conflicts or uncertainty is his stage demeanor as in the past. The heads down huddles the heavy guitars, locked in tighter but more effortlessly than ever before. They've been really really great since the hiatus but this feels like an even higher peak to me.

ericm

Holy hell what a show tonight. Still trying to process what we got tonight but safe to say this one is in the discussion for one of the best I've been lucky enough to be there for.

Truly an amazing setlist and performance.
"Where's Jim going?"

iLikeBeer

Wow!  Wish I was there!  I will be listening to that Night 1 nugs soundboard tonight I think!!!  :beer:

Lonndown27

Both shows so far are bangers! 2 hours and 45 minutes for Night I???
Insane

Lonndown27

We've got How Could I Know (Oxen) and Come Closer again, AT DAWN > O IS THE ONE as an opener, that brilliant nearly 6 minute ultimate What a Wonderful Man (half Jim solo on omnichord, half the full band usual arrangement), HERE IN Spirit again, so many surprises coming here.

ericm

Quote from: Lonndown27 on May 29, 2024, 07:29 PMWe've got How Could I Know (Oxen) and Come Closer again, AT DAWN > O IS THE ONE as an opener, that brilliant nearly 6 minute ultimate What a Wonderful Man (half Jim solo on omnichord, half the full band usual arrangement), HERE IN Spirit again, so many surprises coming here.

Glad to see you're making this run and brilliant is a great way to describe these shows. They're blowing me away and can't wait to see what they have in store for the next two nights.

It's gonna be hard to top these past two, but if any band can it's these guys.
"Where's Jim going?"

Shug

First two nights had so many of my personal faves and always wished for songs, and then how well they played everything I was also blown away.

Have they ever played I Get Around before? That was a fun out of left field cover. They nailed the vocals and Carl ripped the Chuck Berry-esque solo!

walterfredo

Absolutely bonkers so far!

They played I get around one time previously at the Grammy salute to The Beach Boys in LA last year. Same night Jim did good vibrations with Beck.

rkwedge

Glad all that are there are loving the shows. I have a question listening to these on Nugs, did something happen at the beginning of Strangulation that they stopped and went into that transcendental beautiful jam or do you think that was planned? I was thinking an instrument malfunction but those with eyes on would know better. Enjoy two more nights everyone!
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

Sopris

Quote from: Shug on May 28, 2024, 08:05 PMThey've been really really great since the hiatus but this feels like an even higher peak to me.

I've only listened to the first night but yeah I agree. Haven't sounded this good since 15/16/17 imo. Locked in and confident. Really leaning into the SF vibe. It's extra AF!

ericm

Quote from: rkwedge on May 29, 2024, 10:51 PMGlad all that are there are loving the shows. I have a question listening to these on Nugs, did something happen at the beginning of Strangulation that they stopped and went into that transcendental beautiful jam or do you think that was planned? I was thinking an instrument malfunction but those with eyes on would know better. Enjoy two more nights everyone!

Pretty sure Jim's guitar was out of tune there at the beginning and they just improvised a bit while he was tuning it up.
"Where's Jim going?"