Meetups in Michigan

Started by clayton, Jun 17, 2024, 04:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clayton

Hey Yall,

I am flying in for the Michigan shows from Athens and would love to set up a meet up before the shows at some bars. I have never been to Grand Rapids and its been years since ive been in Detroit. If anyone has any ideas where to go before the show for some beers, let me know!

Thanks

pjthom30

Arvon is my favorite Brewery in GR. But there are many to choose from, just not many good ones near the Venue. I'm looking for a couple tickets for Meijer garden, it's a tough ticket to get.

YimYodd

I am coming up (solo) from IN for both shows, have never been to either city.
I am definitely down for some cold craft brews (after a dispensary stop)!  :beer:
I'll probably have a little more time in Detroit as the GR show should start earlier...
My heart pumps away for your loving touch, My Sweet Juls. You know I never, I Never Could Get Enough

PYITE

Speaking of Michigan, it's kind of crazy that the Grand Rapids show is totally sold out, yet there are TONS of tickets still avaiulable for the Detroit show. There will likely be a Ticket Oak outside of the Masonic Temple on 7/2. I prefer indoor shows, so this is a bit of a head-scratcher. Assuming Frederik Meijer Park is a sweet venue or something...

Hoptimus Prime

Quote from: PYITE on Jun 25, 2024, 01:55 PMSpeaking of Michigan, it's kind of crazy that the Grand Rapids show is totally sold out, yet there are TONS of tickets still avaiulable for the Detroit show. There will likely be a Ticket Oak outside of the Masonic Temple on 7/2. I prefer indoor shows, so this is a bit of a head-scratcher. Assuming Frederik Meijer Park is a sweet venue or something...

Looks like an awesome, but small amphitheater. The thing I ready said 1,750 capacity
5/24/2003, and every damn time possible since!

walterfredo

It's also very similar to Red Butte Garden in SLC (which is absolutely amazing!) in that it has a ton of members and season-ticket holders that just go to a lot of the shows regardless of who's playing because they like to picnic and hang out and see some music.

evilPaaauwe

Quote from: PYITE on Jun 25, 2024, 01:55 PMSpeaking of Michigan, it's kind of crazy that the Grand Rapids show is totally sold out, yet there are TONS of tickets still avaiulable for the Detroit show. There will likely be a Ticket Oak outside of the Masonic Temple on 7/2. I prefer indoor shows, so this is a bit of a head-scratcher. Assuming Frederik Meijer Park is a sweet venue or something...

It truly is a gorgeous venue. Artists who play there tend to return. Both Andrew Bird and Iron and Wine have played there 3 times.

MMJ is adorned in GR and I'm surprised it took them this long to headline here.

elsieyoung

That's awesome you're coming in from Athens for the shows!  A pre-show meetup sounds like a great idea.  I'm not super familiar with the Grand Rapids scene myself, but for Detroit, I've heard good things about 2 Way Inn  are close to the venue and have a good atmosphere.
Travelarii have the perfect family-friendly luxurious resort, ,hotels, villas much more to offer.

Lonndown27

Ted Nugent was in attendance for the gig! He was wearing a Biden / Newsome 2024 shirt
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022+ 8/16/2024::::(JIM): 11/5/2018