Roll Call - Bourbon & Beyond - 9/22/2024 - Louisville

Started by Mr. White, Jan 24, 2024, 01:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. White

Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

slappymoe

1. Mr. White
2. slappymoe

entire lineup looks pretty darn good to me. probably doing all 4 days.

ranyart

That's quite a lineup and I'm super happy to see MMJ coming back home although we almost certainly won't be going.  I wonder who Neil Young is playing with since there is no mention of Crazy Horse?

Jack D

1. Mr. White
2. slappymoe
3. Jack D +2

MMJ will be a great way to cap off 4 days of outstanding music and bourbon!

slappymoe

Quote from: ranyart on Jan 24, 2024, 05:08 PMI wonder who Neil Young is playing with since there is no mention of Crazy Horse?
MMJ backs Neil.
Lucius joins MMJ.
Carl sits in with Futurebirds.

one can dream.

sillyboob

Quote from: ranyart on Jan 24, 2024, 05:08 PMThat's quite a lineup and I'm super happy to see MMJ coming back home although we almost certainly won't be going.  I wonder who Neil Young is playing with since there is no mention of Crazy Horse?

Lukas Nelson + Promise Of The Real (along with younger Nelson brother Micah) have been supporting Neil as his backing band since 2015, so I'd guess that's a possibility.
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

iLikeBeer

I'd love to go to this but I don't think my wife can get off from teaching unfortunately?!?!  :undecided:  :cry:   With two kids swimming in college, getting away to their meets is our priority for getaways for now!

This lineup is ridiculous though! :beer:

MMJCOBRA

1. Mr. White
2. slappymoe
3. Jack D +2
4. mmjcobra (Sunday only)

LBSUNFLWR

1. Mr. White
2. slappymoe
3. Jack D +2
5. LBSUNFLWR +1

Really excited about this lineup. I have sat out the last few years but this is too good to pass up.

I'm definitely too old for 4 days but we are going to try to hang. Going home to my own bed each night will help.

Clarkwork

1. Mr. White
2. slappymoe
3. Jack D +2
5. LBSUNFLWR +1
6.  Clarkwork and mrs
If you don't know for yourself, how could you ever know for me....

ranyart

Mr. White

Quote from: ranyart on Jun 27, 2024, 11:02 AMNeil Young just cancelled the rest of his 2024 tour dates, including B&B...  :shocked:

https://www.jambase.com/article/neil-young-crazy-horse-cancel-2024-tour-dates

Man!
This is messed up. I've never, ever seen Uncle Neil, and this was probably my last chance. If he hadn't been playing on Night 1, I wouldn't have gotten the whole 4 day package (General Admission). I would have only gotten a single day ticket for Day 4 because of My Morning Jacket. Now, I don't know what to do. I have a MMJ PIT ticket for the night before in Nashville at the Ascend Amphitheater and may purchase a ticket for the next night and see them again instead of going to Bourbon and Beyond for Night 1. Really bummed out by this news, but thanks for sharing it.

ranyart

Quote from: Mr. White on Jun 27, 2024, 12:11 PM
Quote from: ranyart on Jun 27, 2024, 11:02 AMNeil Young just cancelled the rest of his 2024 tour dates, including B&B...  :shocked:

https://www.jambase.com/article/neil-young-crazy-horse-cancel-2024-tour-dates

Man!
This is messed up. I've never, ever seen Uncle Neil, and this was probably my last chance. If he hadn't been playing on Night 1, I wouldn't have gotten the whole 4 day package (General Admission). I would have only gotten a single day ticket for Day 4 because of My Morning Jacket. Now, I don't know what to do. I have a MMJ PIT ticket for the night before in Nashville at the Ascend Amphitheater and may purchase a ticket for the next night and see them again instead of going to Bourbon and Beyond for Night 1. Really bummed out by this news, but thanks for sharing it.

I feel your pain, John.  Betsy and I met at a CSN&Y show and we have both been seeing as much of Neil as we can get for a very long time.  I would imagine that he's not done done, but this might be it for Crazy Horse and he certainly isn't touring very much.  Hopefully if he comes to our neck of the woods again we'll be there with you!  :beer:

LBSUNFLWR

I feel like anyone they get to replace him will be a let down. Unless they get Radiohead. Radiohead can save Bourbon and Beyond!!

walterfredo

Yeah Neil is tough to replace no doubt! So sorry for y'all who are going and we're excited to see him. He's the best!

Clearly I'm in the minority here, but I could not disagree more on the Radiohead thing. I would rather have nobody replace him than Radiohead if I were going. I really really dislike Radiohead's music. I've tried so many times even saw them live. Not my jam! Pretty sure I was the only one at OBH this past year that did not know national anthem when they were playing it.  :undecided:

Mr. White

Still no news on Neil's replacement for this show on Thursday. It's looking more and more like I'll just skip Night 1 and purchase another PIT ticket for the MMJ show at the Ascend Amphitheater in Nashville (Night 2).

LBSUNFLWR

There was no chance of Radiohead coming to Bourbon and Beyond. I was kinda joking. They barely tour.

The worst news I just saw when the schedule came out is that Futurebirds are playing at the exact same time as War on Drugs. 

These are two bands near the top of my list for this weekend. There's hours and hours where I don't care to see anyone.

I feel like most people will see War on Drugs. I'll probably split my time.  I just saw Futurebirds a few weeks ago and haven't seen War on Drugs in a few years, but I listen to Futurebirds way more these days.

It would have been better for Futurebirds to get an earlier slot than to be playing at the exact same time as War on Drugs.