pre-order contest

Started by my_evening_jacket, Sep 16, 2003, 09:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

my_evening_jacket

8);D :D ;D 8)

I received an email yesterday informing me that I was one of the 10 winners of the ISM pre-order contest.

The prize is:

Ten (10) winners will receive a prize package including: a signed vinyl copy of the album, a signed promotional poster, and a pair of tickets (with meet and greet passes) to an upcoming My Morning Jacket show.

I am so stoked!!  I get to meet and greet with my favorite jacket, i mean band!!!!!!!!!!!!
shake some action

peanut butter puddin surprise

Sweet!  That is so awesome!  8)
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

lfish

Waw,

Do you want to swap for my stamp collection?
lfish

my_evening_jacket

So here is the deal with the ATO preorder contest -

If you don't want to read my long rant/whine skip to the bottom

*I received that email letting me know I won
*I responded
*I received a voice mail from ATO with a number to call
*I called - the person that answered didn't know anything about the contest - she took my info for someone to get back to me
*That person got back to me to tell me I am on the bands guest list in detroit
*I ask is being on the bands guest list the same as "meet and greet"?
*That person let me know that I would be on the bands guest list - I won tickets
*I am a little annoyed at this point and ask about my signed vinyl and promo poster - she said it would be mailed (i am keeping my fingers crossed)
*I email the band and MMJ management to see if they know anything about the constest (I don't want to be a whiner but I won meet and greet to one of my favorite bands and I want to meet and greet them)
*Johnny emails me back - he appologizes for the confusion and lets me know that he looks forward to meeting me in Detroit
*I get to the venue in Detroit with my friend Shawn and let the ticket person know that I sould be on the Jacket's guest list
*I am told I am not on the bands guest list - I am nervous now
*It ends up I am on ATO's guest list (no big deal, just a little scare)
*There is nothing from ATO telling me who to see or ask for.
*I see Two-Tone Tommy and talks with him and he makes sure I am taken care of.
*I watch an incredible show - as any jacket junkie would expect the band gave 140%
*Afterwards I talk to Linda, their tour manager.  She gives me my backstage passes
*I get to meet and greet 5 of the coolest guys you will ever meet
*Tommy assures me that if ATO doesn't come through with the vinyl he will hook me up

The condensed version is that Linda and all of the guys in the band made sure that I had a great time and left happy

Sorry for the long gripe

If any of the other contest winners are here, make sure you talk with Linda or anyone from the band and all will be well

shake some action