Gram Parsons tribute DVD

Started by olwiggum, Feb 22, 2005, 03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EC

It's so great.

Highlights:  
-Jim's suit, and his song (Still Feeling Blue)
-Steve Earle.  Just in general.
-Lucinda Williams
-All of them at the end singing Oooh Las Vegas and Wild Horses

It's really wicked.  Plus, I mean, it's Gram Parsons, so it's going to be brilliant.  The filmic images in the background are also very cool.  Did anybody actually get to see this show live?  (I know people did, but I mean anybody here?)

Kings

I finally picked it up today.Really good version of that song but,has anyone else noticed Jims butt in that suit?WOW ;)
I said little hunny bunny tell me whats your 20?

sweatboard

I love this video.  The commentary by Polly is really interesting.  I was shocked that they tried to get Kings Of Leon, and I like the part where she says Jim was as happy as a pig in shit with the nuede suit on.  Speaking of Jim's ass did you notice Polly smack that shit on her way up to the mic during Wild Horses.  Back to the music, Who is John Doe?  I thought he was great, I really like his performance with Kathleen Edwards.  I've been listening to alot of Gram Parsons lately, I've been playing "Blue Eyes" on acoustic all day.  What an amazing singer songwriter and a beautiful tribute!!!!!
There's Still Time.........

EC

QuoteSpeaking of Jim's ass did you notice Polly smack that shit on her way up to the mic during Wild Horses.
I'm so glad a boy said that first.  (i noticed, too.)

Yeah, I thought John Doe was awesome, too, and I'd never heard of him.

Did you notice how Steve Earle looked up and smiled when Jim belted out?  That was pretty nice.

I haven't listened to the commentary, yet.  But I will.  

Kings

John Doe is the lead singer of a band called "X".You guys should check them out if you get a chance.
I said little hunny bunny tell me whats your 20?

marktwain

QuoteJohn Doe is the lead singer of a band called "X".You guys should check them out if you get a chance.

Your chance comes Sunday if you're anywhere near Louisville.  John Doe will be at Uncle Pleasants:
http://www.courier-journal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050408/SCENE04/504080337/1011/SCENE