The band's strings of choice?

Started by salparadise, Mar 02, 2005, 11:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sal Paradise

D'Addario Strings

I was browsing the FPE site and apparently it's their string of choice. I don't work for D'Addario but uhmmm, maybe now they'll hire me? It also mentions MMJ is gearing up to record their next CD. People of D'Addario, I know my strings, I'm good at marketing, hire me! I'll even move to Farmingdale!

D'addario - Ultra Mellow Chromes by Sal Paradise
The sound in your mind is the first sound that you could sing

EC

QuoteD'Addario Strings

I was browsing the FPE site and apparently it's their string of choice. I don't work for D'Addario but uhmmm, maybe now they'll hire me? It also mentions MMJ is gearing up to record their next CD. People of D'Addario, I know my strings, I'm good at marketing, hire me! I'll even move to Farmingdale!

D'addario - Ultra Mellow Chromes by Sal Paradise

hahahahah!!

Yeah, you get free strings if you say that a certain kind of string is your string of choice.

Personally, I like Martin strings.  I hope i'm not wrecking your chances by saying so, Sal...  (I'll erase it if I am.)

utonynashm

SWEET!!!

I use d'addario 10's!!!  and gibson bronze 12's on my acoustic....

tomEisenbraun

Haha, that's kind of funny, because I hate D'Addarios. I used to be addicted to Ernie Balls, but now my electric string of choice is GHS TNT's for my Les Paul, and for my acoustic its Gibson J-200 phosphor bronze - these things wear out beautifully. They have great tone even when their dead. Awesome for fingerpickers, and they sound great strummed too.
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

primushead

Yeah, Ernie Balls all the way ;)  Speaking of strings, and considering that there are more musicians in here than I thought, what kinds of instruments do ya'll have?  I've got a Yamaha BBn5 5 string bass, a Martin D-14 acoustic and an American Strat.  Anyone else?

tomEisenbraun

Hmmm I think this is a post that deserves some pictures. Sorry for taking up a huuuge amount of room here...

I've got a Les Paul that I built from www.warmoth.com
Pictures say a lot more than words for this puppy...

I've also got an Ibanez GAX70 that
I painted the crap out of. I
originally had some rockin duct
tape flames on her...

but they peeled off and revealed all
the scratches from carving out the
flames. So I decided to paint her up
all spiff-like to fix her up
(notice the bottle cap knobs)

That's it for pictures. My real baby is nothing really for looks. It's all about tone, and for a lower-dollar Taylor 110-GB, she's got a heck of a lot of it. I wouldn't go anywhere without her, if I could. She's what I write my best stuff on. I love electric, btu I'm strictly a bluesman in that medium. Acoustic-wise, I'm folk, southern, funky, mellow, anything practically, and I use alternate tunings all over the place. Acoustic is my true love, musically, but I'll play just about anything.
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

RyanCorpse

i use DR Strings tite fit 11 - 56. but their hard to come by now. so i've decided to browse a bit.

kymoose

Ernie Ball 10's.  Perfect for the blonde 1995 Telecaster (made in U.S.A.).  Twang yo.

MMJ_fanatic

Ernie Ball or GHS light top/heavy bottom--rip it up!
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

DD

ernie ball 10's on a 1994 62 reissue made in japan fiesta red stratocaster.
[url="//www.myspace.com/rednails"]www.myspace.com/rednails[/url]

www.garageband.com/artist/rednails