On The Radio - DOWN UNDER

Started by Steve, Nov 13, 2003, 02:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve

I just got an Email from my brother who moved from the states down to Sydney, Australia last week that he heard Golden on one of the radio staions in Sydney yesterday in one of their "Rock Blocks." Not sure what Australian Rock Blocks are, but I'm glad to hear that the music is spreading globally!

Steve

lfish

That's fantastic to hear man.  Now they can play between the kangoroo's too.   Which country hasn't already heard of them??? Kazachstan?
lfish

Crazy_Horse

IRELAND, they are completely ignored on the so-called Rock Stations. There's only one DJ who plays them and it's on a more eclectic program which is not mainstream. One DJ claimed to have the cd of 'It Still Moves' but reckoned it wouldn't play right. The same guy (Tom Dunne petsounds@todayfm.com ) won't play songs over 4 mintes long.
I'm tired of asking so maybe somebody else can try.

lfish

Sorry to hear that crazy horse. But hang on. Eventually the Irish people will recognize the talent of the jacket.  Nobody can ignore such a fantastic group with such beautifull music. I know it isn't airplayfriendly, but that's why it is so important to spread the word amongst friends, relatives ands every man/woman in the street.
lfish

Zmog1974

I lived in Australia for 5 years in my late teens/early twenties. I came back 5 years ago for family reasons. However as i tend to move back in 5 years time, when my daughters all grown up...i think it would be cool if MMJ get well known in Ozzy...I also would not be able to live without my regular MMJ live fix...if they dont go to OZ in the future i may well have to move to Kentucky :)  :). Ithink songs like one big holiday and Run Thru will do excellent out there as the ozzys love there rock the led zepplin way. Ijust think they need to get some good airplay on there radio station Triple j and i think they would take off. I took an ozzy friend to see there gig in Amsterdam on the 3rd Nov,(as i gave him my spare copy of Atdawn which he adores)we got talking to jim and johnny after the show and they definitely have not ruled out going down under.All i can say to the ozzys, is when they come they rock and your in for a god damn treat.

bs420

I am from Australia and i haven't heard them on the radio, and I dont expect them to cus they wouldnt know real talent if it was sitting in front of them (except for the odd nirvana/pearl jam play)......

I heard about My morning jacket after they opened for Foos, and I heard them and have fallen in love with them. I paid $45AU to get a copy of one of their early EPS (mindblank...forgot the name)....and it blew me away and the new album is amazing a import store here is getting a few copies shortly...

Anyway I have also been very lucky to be in email contact with mr.jim the lead singer and he told me they may be here early 2004 (feb/march) and i cant wait. and Jim is a great guy. He has even offered to put me on the guestlist for their show when they come down!? it only takes one email to him and he said he will set it up. Even though all ive done is pass around a few cds with mp3s of mmj songs (because you cant find mmj recordings here you really have to look around)

flying_brandini

Well, if they're heading down to Australia, then lets hope that they all come to New Zealand on the way.(Surely it would be rude not to)
We were lucky enough to see Kings of leon AND The Flaming Lips last week at the big day out.A religious experience !!I am still buzzing.(and hey, they almost live next door)
If my Morning Jacket came to New Zealand I would probably die.But,not for too long, HOPEFULLY.
B.T.L