How can I know?

Started by O, Feb 08, 2004, 12:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oz

Does anyone know this song? It's on the FTP, 14th song of the Carborro, NC show on January the 21st. Is it a new song? Or does anyone know it to be a cover? I really love that chorus...
I'm ready when you are

goldengator

pretty sure its new, nice jim solo stuff for sure.  
i really hope we see tons of new material this year.  hopefully MMJ does re-invent themselves a little with the new guys and let Carl sing a song or 2.  his own material sounds like good Americana to me.   :)

Im still totally impressed with how well the new guys sound in the band, they really havent missed a beat.  1-21-04 sounds as massive as ever.  

Oz

Err, I haven't heard Carl sing yet (his site keeps getting "updated" when I visit), but man, if you have a singer like Jim in yer band, you're not gonna let anyone else sing! But if Carl is a good singer, it would ofcourse be cool if they sang harmonies. That's one thing I still miss when the guys play live.

But eh, thanks for answering my question.  :)
I'm ready when you are

Oz

I just listened to it again, and I have to say it feels slightly familiar... Not that I think it's a cover, but I think Jim played it before, once, in the days before It still moves. Anyway, it's a good thing he's playing it again, 'cuz man, that's a catchy chorus!
I'm ready when you are

goldengator

I know its Jim's band, but i still feel like others should get to contribute new things.  Perhaps a song with Jim and Carl trading vocals?  that could be cool