My band covers MMJ

Started by Jan vdp, Mar 15, 2004, 05:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jan vdp

Hey guys!!
This is my first post on this forum, although I've been a fan since 2 years or so. I've just become a bigger fan because of their last album, I love the way it rocks!!!
Anyway, I play in something like a cover band and we will be playing a MMJ cover on our first gig (8 may)! It's gonna be "One big holiday" :-)
Anyone who wants to see us is welcome, but you will have to come to Belgium to see us :-D
Btw what do you think of our band name: "Ruby Drives"??
LMK!

Greets Jan

lfish

hey jan,
waar zullen jullie ergens spelen?
Humo's rock rally?
Rock werchter?
Lokaal jeugdcafé?

Indien het niet te ver is, wie weet, zit er dan een hevige jacket fan in de zaal. ;)

Concerning your band name, if ruby is driving, who are her passengers? And can we also ride along?
Where did you get that name? A movie, a book?

greetz and if I can't make it to the gig, geef er een lap op!!!!
lfish

wordawg

Jan

Whatever lfish said!

............and enjoy it.
the future is Ginger

janvdpoel

Hey guys!
The gig will be in Tessenderlo (dat ligt op de grens van Limburg en Antwerpen) on the 8th of may!!
It would be cool if you could make it  ;D
Ruby Drives is a fictive name that I made up, and I thought it sounded nice, that's it. How long have you guys been on this forum, and where do you live (belgians?)
Greets Jan!

lfish

Well Jan,

I live in west-vlaanderen, so that's far away (according to Belgian standards) from tessenderlo, so I don't think I can't make it on the eight of may.  Can you record the gig or the song digitally and transfer it to John Connaway's ftp-server?  I'm dying to hear that cover, and of course your other songs too.

I've been a member since 2001, after I saw them for the first time in the Nijdrop.(most awesome liveshow)  It's a pitty I missed the cactus festival gig in 2000.  

I think its a good thing you play a mmj cover on your show.  Some publicity would't harm the guys.  If you need any help with some mmj tablatures, just drop me an email and I'll try to help you along.  
In case you don't know, you can check www.powertabs.net for some mmj tablatures.  You have to download the powertabeditor(free of charge) first.

Greetz,
And take care
lfish

janvdpoel

Heeey
good to hear that you're interested in our cover! I dunno if it will be recorded during the gig, but we'll probably record it in the rehearsal studio sometime, which will probably be of better quality anyway. So I'll post it on the ftp then. And yes, I had already discovered the site you mentioned, we are using it to practice the song  ;D
You'll hear from us!!
Greets Jan