Main Menu

Fourth LP?

Started by lfish, Mar 13, 2004, 03:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lfish

Dunno if anyone has read the Beat magazine article, but there the magazine claims, on basis of what Tommy said, that with such a productive songwriter like Jimmie, the fourth lp will be out very soon.  

Did anyone hear something about it?  Are they playing new songs?

Can't wait to hear the fourth one, which will be definitely something totally new.
lfish

Oz

Hmmm... Would be cool, ofcourse, but I wouldn't expect it to come very soon. From what I've heard, they only play old songs. I personally expect an EP or something this year, however, since they've been releasing something every year since 1999. But a whole new LP... Well, you never know.  :)
I'm ready when you are

dwight

i've heard rummors of a live album.  i think that's more likely since they're know for their live shows. that would be cool.  what they should consider doing in the mean time is record some unbelievable cover ( kinda like Foo Fighters doing "Baker Street" on single b side) like only they can on - one of their next record.

wordawg

Quotewhat they should consider doing in the mean time is record some unbelievable cover ( kinda like Foo Fighters doing "Baker Street" on single b side) like only they can on - one of their next record.

I like that idea a lot!
the future is Ginger

Oz

Quotethey're know for their live shows

I do not totally agree with that. They're also a very good album-band... And especially for us Europeans, who don't get to see them that often.
I'm ready when you are

wordawg

I tend to agree O.  I had heard the first 2 albums before I ever got to see them, and that's what caught me.  The live shows - which are outstanding - are the big bonus for me.  Again, this is probably slightly more relevant for those of us living in the Europe as we are rationed.
the future is Ginger

wordawg

Quoteas we are rationed.
That's just my opinion, but I have a feeling it's shared by many.
the future is Ginger

peanut butter puddin surprise

Live Album?  YES.  That would be cool.

New LP with new tunes?  Also fuckin' cool.

Either way, I'm happy!
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

Oz

QuoteLive Album?  YES.  That would be cool.

New LP with new tunes?  Also fuckin' cool.

Either way, I'm happy!

Might it not be so, John, if I may be so boldly to ask, that you think My Morning Jacket is just plain, forgive me for saying, cool? Regardles what they do, be it not too ludicrous? If it be so, John, there might even be the possibility of me agreeing with you... In other words: cool, just get that record coming! :D
I'm ready when you are

ah, O....my brother.  of course you agree!  hahahaha  just kidding.  

are they just plain "cool"?  hell no, but either a live or studio record is "cool".  or freakin' great! :)

lfish

No they're not just cool, they kick ass as hell, remember??

How is the trouserbusiness doing anyway?
Is there already a blueprint?
lfish

Oz

Right now they still kick naked ass, I'm afraid.  :)
I'm ready when you are

QuoteRight now they still kick naked ass, I'm afraid.  :)

Chapped, blustered naked ass...or just plain baby smooth velvet-y ass?  ;D

Oz

Chapped, blustered naked ass...or just plain baby smooth velvet-y ass?  ;D

Now let's not go judging each other's asses, John...  ;D
I'm ready when you are

MMJ_fanatic

All this ass talk is disturbing  :o
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.