Looking for someone to host

Started by janvdpoel, Jun 01, 2004, 02:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

janvdpoel

A while ago, my band (Ruby Drives) performed a cover of My Morning Jacket (one big holiday). We taped it, and I thought it would be cool if it would be on some ftp-server or something. I'd love to hear some reactions  :)
I have to say: our version doesn't even come close to theirs but we did a good try. You should also keep in mind that we only rehearsed 3 times before hitting the stage  :)
So, if anyone is interested, let me know! You could answer here, or mail me at janvdpoel@hotmail.com

Greets!

otter

I can't help you with the host, however when you do find one (hint John) I would love to hear a copy of your band cover a MMJ song.

lfish

Hey jan,

Nice one to make a copy of one big holliday.  To host the song, I think you do have to pose the question to John Connaway, who's running the ftp.

I'm sure he'll be glad to help you along. He is such a nice guy.   ;)

I'm very curious to know how the song sounds.  

Weet je al dat ze op 04 juli optreden in café de 4ad in diksmuide?  Voor tickets, ga naar shows en vervolgens "Belgian gig" en klik op de link naar de website van café 4ad.  Naar ik gehoord heb is het een enorm kleine zaal, dus weinig tickets, maar enorm gezellig.

Greetz
lfish

peanut butter puddin surprise

QuoteHey jan,

Nice one to make a copy of one big holliday.  To host the song, I think you do have to pose the question to John Connaway, who's running the ftp.

I'm sure he'll be glad to help you along. He is such a nice guy.

blushing for sure.  thanks for the kudos, made me smile on a really busy day!

yah man, give me a shout on email and we'll talk turkey.  

Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

janvdpoel

Hey Ilfish,
I'll be at Werchter when the gig is  :( !!!
Now I feel even worse knowing that it will be in a small and cosy venue.. Damn!!
But at least they'll be playing Pukkelpop, so that's something to look forward to..
Greets Jan

janvdpoel

There you go! Feel free to comment on it  :D
The band is called "Ruby Drives", the song easy to find on the ftp server.
THANKS John for hosting it!

peanut butter puddin surprise

Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

thebigbang

QuoteFeel free to comment on it  :D
The band is called "Ruby Drives"

Hey, that was fun listening to your cover. Your version reflected the energy level of the MMJ live versions, which is no small trick.  I've heard very little about folks covering MMJ songs, but it is only a matter of time since each album and EP was stuffed with great tunes.  Heck, someday there will be a tribute album. Or two!
Just a Heartbreakin' Man, doing a Victory Dance with Shaky Knees, along a Bermuda Highway

lfish

The only thing I can say jan is WOW.

Cool cover!!!!!!!

Great job and keep on spreading the word!
lfish