Pitchfork review...

Started by johnconaway, Jul 23, 2004, 04:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

peanut butter puddin surprise

Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

MMJ_fanatic

"Sonic seduction"  is a fine way to describe their effect!
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

lyricjunkie

I sure as hell second that!
Talk less....
Say more.

pingybrown

The reviewer didn't really have one bad thing to say, so why a mark of 7.5?

QuoteThe reviewer didn't really have one bad thing to say, so why a mark of 7.5?

Well, after reading a few dozen reviews, one gets the idea that they wouldn't give anything a 10 unless it was Galaxie 500 or My Bloody Valentine.  Just my 2 cents...

pingybrown

Well, after reading a few dozen reviews, one gets the idea that they wouldn't give anything a 10 unless it was Galaxie 500 or My Bloody Valentine.  Just my 2 cents...

true that. you speak the truth...but how about an 8+ at least, no?

;D Of course I'm biased, but I'd hardly give anything less than 9...ever!

dogandponyshow

Pitchfork is so undpredictable....there are albums that are great that they rip and albums that suck they think are outstanding.  I do check out the reviews but take them with a grain of salt.  But, I do agree that 7.5 is a joke.

D.

hehheheh, you should have seen the scathing email I sent a while ago (under an alias, of course...) about their writers.  for the love of moses, can we get music writers who can actually WRITE?  their reviews are so hit and miss...sometimes, you get a lengthy, boring, literary-masturbation piece, and then sometimes you get a spot on, perfect 10.  

kinda like burgers.  some good, some bad.  meh.

The_Link

So, the reviewer beleives this was recorded in Braintree, MA on halloween?  Didn't we decide that this was a hoax?  And, why couldn't he have figured this out with a little more research.  I like this site and usually agree with most of their reviews.  But, they do have their favorites.

QuoteBut, they do have their favorites

Yes, and other than the 7.6 rating here, I think our boys are safely in the "favorites" category.  Which is good.