Favorite review quotes

Started by salparadise, Jul 27, 2004, 05:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sal Paradise

Some are good, some are bad, some are downright silly but they're always fun  ;D

I like these from It Still Moves reviews:

"Answers the interesting question of 'After The Bends, what if Radiohead discovered the steel guitar instead of ProTools.'"

or this one:

"Make no mistake, My Morning Jacket is here to Bring the Rock (I think I stole that from a bumper sticker I saw in a Wal-Mart parking lot)."

The sound in your mind is the first sound that you could sing

Sal Paradise

Here's another,

"Jim James sees life as two different sine waves, loneliness and love, recognizing the beauty whenever they intersect but also acknowledging their peaks and troughs. Maybe that sounds like indie rock bedroom poetry, but somewhere a tough-guy on a Harley is nodding and wiping a tear."

The sound in your mind is the first sound that you could sing

havibulin

"As the drums rattle, the short-haired guy huddles with the three longhairs before the five-piece explode into a southern-fried, whiskey soaked, psychedelic guitar-wig out the likes of which haven't been sighted since Neil Young first hooked up with Crazy Horse back in '69."

this whole review is quite good in my opinion:

http://www.playlouder.com/feature/%2Bmymorningjackete/

peanut butter puddin surprise

I heart that review...sweet.
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

MMJ_fanatic

I still like the reviewer who labelled their sound "sonic seduction"--that really hits it on the head for me :D
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.