Carl's gear and setup

Started by johnconaway, Aug 08, 2004, 10:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

peanut butter puddin surprise

yo, any ideas on his setup?  obviously, there's the Les Paul...
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

sweatboard

Don't they all play through Mesa amps?
There's Still Time.........

MMJ_fanatic

Yea its pretty much Mesa boogies all around.  Not too sure about Carl's pedals tho'.  I think I know some of what he has but not the mfg--volume pedal, fuzz/overdrive, maybe a chorus too(?)
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

dwight

He's playing his Les Paul w/ Bigsby through a new Mesa Boogie Lonestar Amp and a Mesa 2X12 Cabinet.  That's the majority of the tone.  He's got Line 6 Delay modeler and a couple other pedals as well.  

wordawg

And for those of us that only speak english?......... ;)
the future is Ginger

QuoteHe's playing his Les Paul w/ Bigsby through a new Mesa Boogie Lonestar Amp and a Mesa 2X12 Cabinet.  That's the majority of the tone.  He's got Line 6 Delay modeler and a couple other pedals as well.  

Now, does anyone remember Johnny's setup?  Just a curious "compare and contrast" kinda thing...not to suggest one is better than another...

wordawg

I feel as though I'm in a book written by Ned Flanders.
the future is Ginger

QuoteI feel as though I'm in a book written by Ned Flanders.

Well, okiley dokiley neighbor!  If that doesn't put the "shaz" in shazzam!  ;)

MMJ_fanatic

QuoteHe's playing his Les Paul w/ Bigsby through a new Mesa Boogie Lonestar Amp and a Mesa 2X12 Cabinet.  That's the majority of the tone.  He's got Line 6 Delay modeler and a couple other pedals as well.  
greggy:
the first item is his amplifier for the guitar, a 2X12 cabinet means a speaker cabinet with 2 12" speakers (expressing the sound from the amp), the delay box is an effect similar to a chorus which broadens the sound of the signal coming from the guitar--giving it that "big wide open" sound that MMJ likes to build on.  I don't know the specifics of the circuitry in the box but that pretty much sums up the purpose.
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

wordawg

I don't know the specifics of the circuitry in the box but that pretty much sums up the purpose.

I'm quite pleased that you don't :)

And thanks for the translation.
the future is Ginger