Main Menu

Chills

Started by johnconaway, Aug 26, 2004, 11:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

peanut butter puddin surprise

your vote:  what is the best song (in your opinion) that Jim does solo?

I'm going with "chills"...that ending part could go on for days.
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

marktwain

it's funny.  as i am reading this thread, i'm listening to Jim play "I will be there when you die" from 4/16/2000, and it is so beautiful.  so good it hurts!

There must be a lot of crowd noise that the recording didn't pick up, though, because he changes the last line to "I will talk throughout your song."  and thanks "everyone who listened."

peanut butter puddin surprise

Hilarious.  Remember the Seinfeld episode when Jerry goes to the office to heckle the woman who heckled him during his show?

Though I can't see it, wouldn't it be hilarious to see Jim show up at (insert company name) and heckle those who were gabbing about their underwear during that set?  what are these folks talking about?  onion rings?  table manners?  the state of affairs in Chile?  how long it takes to grow eggplant?  
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

MMJ_fanatic

I enjoyed listening to "Everybody's Talkin"
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

sweatboard

Steam Engine on the rolling stone video is fucking awesome.
Nashville to Kentucky in Atlanta this year was breathtaking.
I love playing the Bear solo and playing the drum beat on my guitar like Jim does live.
There's Still Time.........

katkillad

Unfortunately, i havent had the opportunity to see jim solo.  I can't make a judgement on the solo concert that was on the ftp either.  ( I wasn't there to experience it. )  So I will agree with chills first from the 2disc At Dawn cd...and also agree with the rolling stones steam engine for a close second.

havibulin

i'm hooked on suspicious minds.

Chills

Chills and Phone Went West of the demo cd.
Hopefully and Golden of acoustic citsuoca.
and i agree on Suspicious Minds at the AB in Brussels.

'No matter how hard i try, i'll never be able to live up to the king.' Priceless

havibulin

sounds like i am missing out. I dont have the demo cd so I am hoping both those songs are re-released in sept.

MMJ_fanatic

Quotesounds like i am missing out. I dont have the demo cd so I am hoping both those songs are re-released in sept.

or snag the At Dawn 2 disc off e-bay  :) (or gemm.com or netsoundsmusic.com)
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

Oz

When Jim did 'Nashville to Kentucky' and 'I will be there when you die' last year in Amsterdam all by himself, it was heavenly. Truly divine.
I'm ready when you are