Jim James music in new CameronCrowe film

Started by hellaciousc, May 02, 2005, 09:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hellaciousc

Pete Droge, a very very cool musician, just posted this over on his website (www.droge.com)

------------------------------------
Speaking of in a theater near you, I was lucky to be among the 75 or so folks who were treated to an early look at Cameron Crowe's new film "Elizabethtown" yesterday at the Northwest Film Forum's screening room. I won't say much about it other than it looks like it will continue Cameron's streak of great films. Jim James from My Morning Jacket (who contributes music to the film) played a nice acoustic set, which was a treat. After that everyone strolled over to Chop Suey where my good buddy John Doe played an excellent set, half full of requests. The amazing Nancy Wilson joined him on the set closer, Dylan's "She Belongs to Me".

vielfras

Wow!  Great news.

Wouldn't that have been nice to attend.
When the well's dry, we know the worth of water.

MickeyReds

As long as you keep a straight face...

peanut butter puddin surprise

QuotePete Droge, a very very cool musician, just posted this over on his website (www.droge.com)

------------------------------------
Speaking of in a theater near you, I was lucky to be among the 75 or so folks who were treated to an early look at Cameron Crowe's new film "Elizabethtown" yesterday at the Northwest Film Forum's screening room. I won't say much about it other than it looks like it will continue Cameron's streak of great films. Jim James from My Morning Jacket (who contributes music to the film) played a nice acoustic set, which was a treat. After that everyone strolled over to Chop Suey where my good buddy John Doe played an excellent set, half full of requests. The amazing Nancy Wilson joined him on the set closer, Dylan's "She Belongs to Me".

Dude.  DUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE.  Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude!

Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

lfish

I just read Cameron crow's bio...

Until now,I didn't know who this guy was, but it seems he made some big and great movies.  

I always thought the jacket was performing in some obscure creative movie of an undiscovered cinematographic talented guy.

Silly silly me. I should have known better.   :-X

lfish

Sal Paradise

The sound in your mind is the first sound that you could sing

EC

I drove through Elizabethtown yesterday.    :D

ChiefOKONO

what i wanna know is when the hell is it coming out?!?!

CC

Quotewhat i wanna know is when the hell is it coming out?!?!

october 14th