What a wonderfull Eveaning

Started by sweatboard, Sep 11, 2004, 12:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sweatboard

Finally got my record player!  Listened to Modest Mouse, Good News For People Who Love Bad News and ........................................At DAWN!!!!

Every Time I Listen to this album I am More and More amazed.  "I Needed It Most" might be Jim's best vocal performance of all time.  Next time I'm in concert you can bet you're ASS I'll have a huge sign that reads
"If You have any balls whatsoever You'll Play "Honest Man""Or
"Play Honest Man You Pussy's"
There's Still Time.........

SMc55

Does it really sound so much better on vinyl? Did you get a new one or a second hand one in the end? Are you planning to have two sets of everything or just certain ones on vinyl? I'm still in the process of getting CD versions of all my old vinyl - Led Zep, Beatles etc. I'm way behind the times.

Oh, and one more question, is the Pina Colada song available on vinyl? Now that would be something  ;)

sweatboard

I don't know that the Pina Colada song was ever pressed on Vinyl but now that you've brought up the possibility I will find it or die trying.

As for my record player it's a direct drive "Stanton".  I truly believe that the sound is better on Vinyl, other than that there is something about the ritual of listening to Vinyl that appeals to me.  I like haveing the cover art and liner notes in Vinyl much better.  To me Vinyl is the way Albums are intended to be listened to.  You sit down and play the whole thing stopping only to change sides, no pushing the skip button or shuffle.  I like the crackle between songs it makes me feel warm inside.

MMJ_fanatic

Stanton huh--wow you must have paid dearly for that,they're an expensive brand
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

sweatboard

Not to bad, I paid $146.00 for the player and the needle.  They had record players for 4 and 5 hundred dollars.  I thought the stanton was the best buy.  I can always upgrade the neddle which is the most important thing when it comes to sound.

Oz

Ooh, yes, the crackle, aaaah....
Putting a needle on a record is like sinking into a warm bath. Or better! Get yourself 'Rocket man' on the Gold Hole 7", that one's is sooo delicious.
I'm ready when you are

wordawg

the future is Ginger

SMc55

Hey greggy do you remember on Tomorrow's World they said you could spread jam on CDs and they'd still play?

It's not true, by the way.

wordawg

the future is Ginger