At Dawn and Tennesee Fire Demos

Started by JacketGirl, Mar 11, 2005, 09:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EC

Are you talking the old one or the rerelease?

Either way, R.O.C.K.

scott

It is one of the originals...The owner of the store is a former warner bros exec & people bring him in boxes of used stuff. I'm guessing someone just didn't realize what it was. Now for Heartbreakin' Man...

EC

QuoteIt is one of the originals...The owner of the store is a former warner bros exec & people bring him in boxes of used stuff. I'm guessing someone just didn't realize what it was. Now for Heartbreakin' Man...

Wow.  That IS exciting.  Good for you!!

JacketGal

Yes, cheers to you on your treasure! :) Please excuse my ignorance but what is the 'At Dawn double disc'?  ???
But seein you feels good, and its always understood.
That anything much sweeter would make me die.

scott

Thank you...Thank you very much. I knew I could count you folks to understand my joy. Now, the double disc - 2500 of the original pressings came with a demo cd, which, as you folks know, will be rereleased soon along with the Tennessee Fire demos (which I am eagerly awaiting). Sweet, sweet!!!

Zmog1974

OLWIGGUM..hey Grimey's is one cool record store. Its a house in a street ...crazy. Me and my travelling companions ended up in there last January when we visted Nashville. We were on a week long road trip (we are from England)went to see MMJ in Birmingham, Alabama and Atlanta with Patrick Park and the Thrills. Patrick was doing an instore appearance at Grimeys and we tagged a long to see him ..even got some of his performance on my camcorder. We then went to see him play at the 3rd and Linsey that night, before departing to Graceland in Memphis...it was one fantastic trip....and your right we have some quality record stores in England but Grimeys was well and truly stocked and the staff had a vast knowledge of English bands.

corey

They have a super-nice staff as well. It just doesn't get any better than that.

EC

QuoteThey have a super-nice staff as well. It just doesn't get any better than that.

Agreed.  I'm pretty excited about visiting there again.  

...maybe sooooooon... ;)

peanut butter puddin surprise

I say 3 hours tops.  I'm old and stop often...esp. for coffee.  mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm coffee.....
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

SmoothOprtr

I keep hearing about these demo CDs... what's going to be on them... is it going to be worth picking up seconds of albums I already have?  Gimme the scoop gang!  :P
The only two things in life that make it worth livin Is guitars that tune good and firm feelin women

PhOneWentDead

http://www.gerpotze.com/mymorningjacket/albums.html

Scroll down below the Early Recordings CD's and you'll see which tracks will be on the disc...