Main Menu

THE BEAR

Started by JOHN NOAKES, Feb 03, 2005, 12:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sweatboard

Ok, I like the idea of it being dead but still being able to "MOVE".  
There's Still Time.........

corey

You're thinking of "The Country Bears" and they are creepy.

EC

QuoteYou're thinking of "The Country Bears" and they are creepy.

YES!  I don't remember hating them, though...  I went there when I was a kid.  I DO remember hating the It's a Small World thing.  Freaked me out.

sweatboard, yes.  I like that idea, too.  In fact all of your bear thoughts this evening are quite astute.  

sweatboard

Yes thank you wiggums I WAS thinking of the "Country Bears".  The movie is sweet though.  I wish MMJ had done the video for One Big Holliday dressed up as the Country Bears.
They could have started the video with them ending a low key country number inside the Disney Land theater and then.....................................................................the cheesy light show comes in, you see the lead bear playing dedalee dedalee dedalee dedalle,  Then they just start Rocking The Fuck Out, Destroying the Stage, busting out of their robotic moves, standing on the arms of some grandma's chair, then grandma she rips off her horned rim glasses and starts flinging her grey dry hair with Jim's. The stage burst into flames, Patrick is still standing on top of his drum chair banging the bejebus out of his drum kit, The entire crowd starts going ape shit, throwing their popcorn and giant turkey legs into the air, song ends, Bears take their places back on stage, cut to- people lined up outside the room waiting for the next show, cut to them filing into their seats for the next performance, Cut to- close up on Jims Bear face with a sly grin, end video. Oh God Bless, that would be awesome.

marktwain

When I was a kid, I had a Disney record with a Country Bear Jamboree bluegrass song on it.  I loved it!  That, and the theme to the Main St. Electrical Parade.

I think it was Halloween in 2000 that MMJ did a "Live Lunch" at WFPK/Louisville dressed as the Hair Bear Bunch.

Drunkre

The Bear was also my first listen, as it was one of the only mp3s available on the website when i was told, no ordered, to go check them out by a friend.  Great song; first listen and I was hooked.  
As for the "end of songs" subcontext going on here.  I'm a big fan of the end of Mahgeetah (especially the "AAAH...mahgeetah...mahgeetah" part.
it's a voice. and it's a choice
to call you out. or stay at home

The Boar

I thought The Country Bears were weird, but I read somewhere that the job with the highest suicide rate in the state of Florida was the operator of It's a Small World. Probably not true, but kinda funny anyway.

EC

QuoteI thought The Country Bears were weird, but I read somewhere that the job with the highest suicide rate in the state of Florida was the operator of It's a Small World. Probably not true, but kinda funny anyway.

I don't doubt it, actually.  That place is fucked.  My friend used to work in the Canadian pavillion, and the stories she has...  Did you know that there's an average number of people who die DAILY at that place?  I think it's like one or two or something, but, I mean, you certainly don't hear about it.  And they treat their employees like crap.  

Unlike Ben and Jerry's.  Do you guys know this?  Every employee of Ben and Jerry's gets to take home two pots of ice cream every night.  AND they're given a free gym membership with their job.  AND they're required to get cholesterol testing every six months.

Hilarious.  Plus, like Tom's of Maine, I think B&J's puts a certain percentage of their profit back into the community.

Nice.

marktwain

I just discovered Ben& Jerry's Dublin Mudslide - HOLY SHIT! So good!

EC

QuoteI just discovered Ben& Jerry's Dublin Mudslide - HOLY SHIT! So good!

Yeah.  Like, it's pretty stupid how good their flavours are.  I found one in Europe last year that we didn't have here:  caramel sutra.  Okay.  The entire middle is caramel.  It's crazy.

PhOneWentDead

They Ran and The Bear were the first songs I heard and I was immmediately hooked...I agree there's something magical and mystical about this song...

MMJ_fanatic

QuoteOk, I like the idea of it being dead but still being able to "MOVE".  

I think the general premise is that activity doesn't really
cease even after death--things are still active or "moving"
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

sweatboard

I think "moveing" in a spiritual sense not in physical sense.  "IT STILL MOVES"  Remember, "none of this is physical at least not to me".

EC

Or moving in an emotional sense, as in, "It Still Moves" [me even after all this time], or something similar.

I suppose it's meant to be left to interpretation...  In which case, we're all right, all the time, about everything, all at once, for ever.  :)