Main Menu

MMJ DVD?

Started by Tore, Mar 28, 2005, 05:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tore

Does anyone know if there excists plans of a MMJ DVD? Living here in Norway, I don't expect to be able to see them live to often, so a DVD would be great. I sure hope they plan to release one soon!

Jellyfish

I hope they release a DVD of a live show.There is only one DVD out,it's a promo DVD,only lasts 10 minutes.Basically,its a behind the scenes look at the making of It Still Moves.I found mine on Ebay. ;)
The fact that my hearts beating
is all the proof you need

EC

I think they should record their first three or four shows on the first round of their next tour, and then try and get them edited pretty quick (with interviews on the road and such), and then sell them at the shows.

That's what I think.  It wouldn't be expensive, and it wouldn't be hard.  It'd be REALLY easy, and they'd sell like crazy.  Especially with interviews.

And they could use old footage for DVD extras.  

Seriously.  It really wouldn't be hard.

Tore

Wouldn't be a bad idea to do it properly and make it a product oto be proud of either...

But if I could get my hand on a MMJ Live DVD with good sound, i'd be happy either way.

That behind the scenes promo thing, was that the same video which were free on this site earlier?

EC

QuoteWouldn't be a bad idea to do it properly and make it a product oto be proud of either...

But if I could get my hand on a MMJ Live DVD with good sound, i'd be happy either way.

That behind the scenes promo thing, was that the same video which were free on this site earlier?

Just to be sure - I wasn't suggesting that the final product would be anything less than brilliant.  I'm just saying it doesn't take a whole lot to do it.

MMJ_fanatic

I swear if somebody doesn't come out with one soon...well let's just say the matter may have to be addressed alternatively
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

EC

QuoteI swear if somebody doesn't come out with one soon...well let's just say the matter may have to be addressed alternatively

Like... you'll get your gang to play the MMJ boys, and create concert reenactments and interviews?  ;)  heh.

MMJ_fanatic

more like I'll smuugle a Super 8 camera into the next show (or Bonnaroo whichever comes first) and make my own damn movie!
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

sweatboard

Quotemore like I'll smuugle a Super 8 camera into the next show (or Bonnaroo whichever comes first) and make my own damn movie!

Wizzzzzzzzzord!!!!!!!!!!!!
There's Still Time.........

corey

Why aren't there any fan-made DVDs available? I've show a couple of DBTs shows and so have a few other folks. Does the band have any opposition to it?

What about this? If someone can send me a copy of the 10-minute DVD, I can get the appearance of JJ on ACL from a torrent (I think I saw one the other day). If we can round up a nice copy of the Conan appearance, I can author it all to DVD.
How does that sound?

EDIT: What about the dude that snuck his camera into the shows to edit the "One Big Holiday" video? Does anyone know how to contact him?

ChiefOKONO

SURROUND SOUND anyone???????? :):)

yes, that's what i thought.