Main Menu

Funny

Started by EC, Apr 13, 2005, 08:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EC

So, as with a lot of days, I was listening to At Dawn in the shower just now.  Had the window open, singing like a maniac - we all do it.  (right?)

Anyhow, just went outside for a smoke and my neighbour said "What IS that record you play all the time?"  I got scared that it bugged them.  And then he said "It's SO awesome."

heh.

Newly converted.  :)

peanut butter puddin surprise

QuoteSo, as with a lot of days, I was listening to At Dawn in the shower just now.  Had the window open, singing like a maniac - we all do it.  (right?)

Anyhow, just went outside for a smoke and my neighbour said "What IS that record you play all the time?"  I got scared that it bugged them.  And then he said "It's SO awesome."

heh.

are you sure it's the music and not the fact you were in the shower? hahahhahahhaha
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

EC

Quoteare you sure it's the music and not the fact you were in the shower? hahahhahahhaha
heh.  Well, his wife didn't seem too upset, so I'm assuming it's the music...  :)

peanut butter puddin surprise

heh.  Well, his wife didn't seem too upset, so I'm assuming it's the music...  :)

hmmmmmmm.... ::)
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

JacketGal

QuoteSo, as with a lot of days, I was listening to At Dawn in the shower just now.  Had the window open, singing like a maniac - we all do it.  (right?)

heh.

That is CLASSIC!! Great story EC!

;D
But seein you feels good, and its always understood.
That anything much sweeter would make me die.

Drunkre

I have a very similar story to tell.
I had a friend come over with her husband and kid to visit, but later on she had to go to class at the college down the road.  Her husband and kid hung out, and I let her borrow a cd that I wanted her to listen to (The Whole Fantastic World...they kickass, and they're online).
So she wouldn't scratch my cd, I just handed her the cd case and told her which cd was the one she should listen to.  A few hours later, she comes back from school, and I was like, "Did you like that cd?"  She says, "You know what?  I'll be honest; I only listened to like 3 songs, and I had to stop listening to it.  But then I put in this one by who is it?  My Morning Jacket, and I was blown away.  He sounds a lot like (?)Radiohead(?)"
Now, I was pretty stoked that she was digging on the Jacket, but what the fuck's up with the Radiohead reference?  I like Radiohead as much as the next guy, but I'm not sure I hear the similarity.  Anybody else?
it's a voice. and it's a choice
to call you out. or stay at home

EC

Perhaps it's just the awesome factor.  :)