;D That is awesome.

dwight

Props to Megan Hamilton for a very good cover

You go!

EC

QuoteProps to Megan Hamilton for a very good cover

You go!

Hey man!  Thanks!

(That's the lamp in my bedroom.  It's really lovely, and my landlord wanted to change it to some stupid new Home Hardware one when I moved in.  Idiot.)

tomEisenbraun

dang, this is pretty good so far. Can i throw my hand in for somehtin on the next one? I wouldn't mind doin If All Else Fails or From Nashville to Kentucky for y'all.
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

corey

That would be great. I'll start another thread when we're ready to go forward with it...

Tore

Have you people gotten any feedback from the band for this tribute album? What do they think of it? I don't feel like reading the whole thread just now...

And a different question; does anyone know what MMJ thinks of band doing covers in concerts? I'm not talking about an entire concert here, just the odd song.... I mean, it would just be good publicity over here in Norway where the general audience hasn't even heard of this great band! Well, depending on performance surely...

Of course I could send an email and simply ask...

EC

We have heard very lovely, special, wonderful and lovely things from Patrick, Tommy and Jim.  (I guess we kept them private...  well I don't know why.  This thread is really long as it is.)

As far as I have known, the dudes answer their emails.  I don't know about Carl and Bo.  But only because we don't have email addresses for them.

:)

Tore

How is the current status with this album? Have you made one, and started making another one? Which songs are sung, and by who?

I'd love to contribute with a song in the future....

corey

We haven't started volume 2 yet, so no songs have been "claimed". I'll start a new thread when we're ready to get it going...

SMc55

QuoteWe have heard very lovely, special, wonderful and lovely things from Patrick, Tommy and Jim.  (I guess we kept them private...  well I don't know why.  This thread is really long as it is.)

As far as I have known, the dudes answer their emails.  I don't know about Carl and Bo.  But only because we don't have email addresses for them.

:)

I'm really glad they were positive about it. A bit sad you kept it private, to be honest. I felt us cheerleaders were almost as much a part of the project as the talented ones. Guess I was wrong. Never mind though, they liked it and that's important.

EC

Oh shoot, no no no.  No it wasn't like that at all, and you're absolutely right.  When I get home tonight I will get those email messages, and I will post the lovely things that they said.

You're right, you're very right.   :)

Tore

Which songs were included on the first tribute-album? Is it possible to buy a copy from someone? Sounds exciting...

SMc55

QuoteOh shoot, no no no.  No it wasn't like that at all, and you're absolutely right.  When I get home tonight I will get those email messages, and I will post the lovely things that they said.

You're right, you're very right.   :)

No, you don't have to post them if they were private emails. I'm just glad you did get some nice comments. I've been thinking about asking but didn't feel it was right, somehow. It was a fabulous tribute and I'm happy to know we ALL loved it  :D

EC

QuoteWhich songs were included on the first tribute-album? Is it possible to buy a copy from someone? Sounds exciting...

You can go here: http://www.medusaproductions.ca/mmj/home.html

I think. Lemme double check that link and confirm.
That'll take you to the special place where you can download the songs. Please right click them and 'save as', as opposed to just listening to them from the site - it saves on bandwidth!

Oh, and doctorlady, it's totally cool. It was pretty damn fun for us to hear, and we should share the good vibe. :)

on edit: yep, that's the link.

Tore

Just gives me a picture of the cover that, i'm afraid.

EC

QuoteJust gives me a picture of the cover that, i'm afraid.
Heh.  Yep.  Clearly I need a crash course in web design.

Give that cover a click ...

Tore

Oh, i figured it out. I'm a genius...

Can't wait to here the songs now.

EC

Tore

Yes, the word is hear, I know..  ;D

utonynashm

Let me just say...everyone on this tribute album sounds awesome and you are all fucking talented!  I dig it all! 8)

Rock on guys!    ;D