Main Menu

Hopefully

Started by EC, Jun 17, 2005, 11:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EC

Listening on the headphones right now.  Is that little ticky buzzy sound one of those sprinklers that whiz around and jet back like a typewriter?  It keeps going into my right ear and then my left.

Or maybe it's just the four-track noise.

Anybody know?

vielfras

I thought they were crickets.
When the well's dry, we know the worth of water.

tomEisenbraun

either crickets or locusts
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

tomEisenbraun

hmm, let me haedphones it, too. Where is it? In the beginning?

tomEisenbraun

Ah, those are definitely cicadas. Your summers in Canada are probably too mild to be able to support those suckers. Not a sprinkler.  :)

EC

QuoteAh, those are definitely cicadas. Your summers in Canada are probably too mild to be able to support those suckers. Not a sprinkler.  :)
That is not any kind of fucking cicada that I've heard.  Come on you guys.  Can't you hear the sprinkler bit?

Are you all kidding around with me?

I'm stickin' to electric ticker sprinkler.  Mmm hm.

p.s.  There's a weird misconception that Toronto summers are mild because we're in Canada.  Let me tell you.  Our summers are hot.  Alabama was nothin'.  Not joking.  :)

tomEisenbraun

Haha. Well, to my southern-born ears, those sure sound liek cicadas to me. Are you talking about the series of clicks and then they double-time it really quick and then take a short pause and then repeat? If  you listen close, its a little too irregular to be a mechanical device. And they sound a hell of a lot like cicadas (might be locusts, I get the two a little confused - you know, whichever one it is that you can hear on a sweaty summer night right by the woods when the lightning bugs are out?) That said, I've only ever heard them in the Bible belt section of the south.

EC

Well, the cicadas that I know sound like spaceships.  They're like one long droning buzz, like when you get water in a lightbulb but amplified through a super weird channel.

Maybe it's locusts.

Maybe it's just locusts that were pacing.

heh.

tomEisenbraun

yeah, cicadas will do that kind of long weeoooweeeeeoooweeeeooo thing, but i think they do the choppy bit too. Could be locusts. I know its one of the two dammit!  ???

sweatboard

Locusts......."Once You Here Them It's To Late"
There's Still Time.........