"It Beats for you"

Started by chunt983, Mar 04, 2005, 07:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chunt983

What album is this song from? Anyone have the lyrics to it? Is it a cover? I have no idea! I am listening to the live cd and this song is great, and I can't seem to find any info on it.

CC

it's a new song.
probably included on the next album.

primushead

QuoteWhat album is this song from? Anyone have the lyrics to it? Is it a cover? I have no idea! I am listening to the live cd and this song is great, and I can't seem to find any info on it.

Yeah, i was listening to it on the Bonnaroo live cd.  Great song.

loper

If this song is typical of what Jim is currently composing, then the new album is gonna be awesome.

So many composers' creativity dries up sooner rather than later.  Jim's seems very fertile, still!

EC

That reminds me:

Does anybody remember any articles that talk about the songwriting process?  I'm interested in Jim's process, and I'm also interested in how they all work to make it happen.

If there is no such article in existence, we should make that happen.  

(Sorry, completely off topic, but I finally got the new M. Ward album tonight at the holy realm of Soundscapes, and a song just came on that I remember from the concert, and I got a couple of chills.)

MMJ_fanatic

I think the band's length of existence and increase in attention will lend itself to interviewers becoming more probing in their line of questions to the point where we will see them ask about just those issues
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

EC

QuoteI think the band's length of existence and increase in attention will lend itself to interviewers becoming more probing in their line of questions to the point where we will see them ask about just those issues
Huh.  So nothing yet, eh?  That's so ridiculous.  That would be the first question I asked if I were interviewing them.

Hm.  Hm hm hm.  

Okay.  Lemme work on it.

CC

Huh.  So nothing yet, eh?  That's so ridiculous.  That would be the first question I asked if I were interviewing them.

Hm.  Hm hm hm.  

Okay.  Lemme work on it.

jim shines some light on it in these articles:

http://www.mymorningjacket.com/Press/guitaracoustic0804.html

http://www.jambase.com/headsup.asp?storyID=4515

EC

merci Riny!  ;)

on edit:  Okay I just read them.  I like how Jim says that most of the words just pour out in a stream of consciousness way, and then he figures 'em out later.  Or doesn't.  I like that.  

Interesting points:
-talking about the band name, instead of a burned out old dorm room or whatever it was, they said they went down to a basement and saw an old strip club, and there was a robe with MMJ on it.  
-Jim doesn't drink?  What about Mahgeetah?

I'm a little slow - when exactly did Patrick come on board?  Was It Still Moves his first record with them?

CC

I'm a little slow - when exactly did Patrick come on board?  Was It Still Moves his first record with them?

yep, ISM was his first.
patrick joined in 2002.

MMJ_fanatic

like the insight from the guitar world acoustic article--thanks dude :)
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

Low Roller

Just listened to the Bonnaroo CD, and I love the song It Beats For You!
I'm trying to figure out the lyrics for this tune, but I'm having some problems... some help?

EC

Oh man.  I saw fanatic up there and I got a little excited that he was back.  But he isn't - it's an old post.

Damn it.  :(

Low Roller

Sooo... nobody has lyrics for this new tune?

tomEisenbraun

haha, i just decided i liked this song. I'm workin on making this more accurate, I'm downloading a couple different version to cross-reference myself.

you can see and not believe
heart beats the wavelength
who can say but never do?
the things you say to someone new
all that was and all that will be
so it lights in dark will be
in tune with you
(no idea)
who can count the time i beat
with my hands?
who can stop the smoke from breathin
in my hands?
words will come and words will go
make believe in overthrow
just believe and you can do
you know my heart it beats 4 U
it beats for you....oh
so in time with me (?)
your thoughts
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

aMillionDreams

so untied with me (?)

Good work!
I thought it was: 'So in time with mine'
Like musical time, i.e. beats
Just a thought
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

tomEisenbraun

i think you're right. I just took a listen to last years Bonnaroo while downloading some other bittorrents, and threw down a rough spec, and when i went back to edit, our houses wireless server decided to not respond. So that is an extremely rough draft.

There's a couple lines that need fixin in there.
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

Low Roller