Elizabethtown - "Songs From The Brown Hotel"

Started by hardhelmet, Aug 04, 2005, 10:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thebigbang

QuoteAnyone know why it's called The Brown Hotel?

I think the Brown Hotel became the home away from home for the Elizbethtown crew.  I recall reading that much of the hotel was rented (I think the article said for 150 people) for about a month.  That may be why the cd has this name.

The Brown is an upscale place, with far and away the best restaurant (The English Grill) I have ever eaten at in Louisville.  Expensive, but you'll leave knowing you had a special dining experience which is not the case for some of the other pricey places in town.

The place has an interesting history and you can read the chronology here:
http://www.brownhotel.com/hotelhistory.php3

Oh, to answer your question, businessman J. Graham Brown built the hotel as a tribute to his brother, according to the link above.
Just a Heartbreakin' Man, doing a Victory Dance with Shaky Knees, along a Bermuda Highway

Cameron

hey whothrewthecake,

where is the "Emporium" where the paint scene was filmed.  I know where most of those things took place and Top Notch is one of my favorite spots.

They had a 10 year reunion party for the film a couple of years back and all the stars (except that pussy affleck) came back and they screened the film at the moontower.  pretty sweet night...

whothrewthecake

Quotehey whothrewthecake,

where is the "Emporium" where the paint scene was filmed. ÊI know where most of those things took place and Top Notch is one of my favorite spots.

They had a 10 year reunion party for the film a couple of years back and all the stars (except that pussy affleck) came back and they screened the film at the moontower. Êpretty sweet night...

it's really close to the intersection of lamar and brentwood, sort of north central-ish. the pool hall place is on one side, and the place where ben affleck gets paint dumped on him is across the street - it's like a car garage place. top notch is yummy, that reminds me that i need to eat there again soon.